How You Met Oswald

Hope you like this, I had another idea but wrote this one first. I might upload the other one sometime, if I feel like it c:

Gotham's rich and famous weren't very posh or well behaved. You knew because you had experienced their behaviour first hand ever since you were born. Some would say there was nothing for you to complain about, your family had money and you had one parent left. When you grow up to people doing cocaine on tables in some shady backstage area of an even shadier club where your mother would regularly forget about you though, that wasn't nice. She never gave you any other choice than to tag along though. As a semi-successful singer she always had some place to go, and with no one else to watch you when she was gone you had to follow. Even now, as an adult, you continued to follow her to the clubs she performed at. It was more for her safety though. You weren't the most threatening person, but it was better anyway.

You were very much the opposite of your mother. She was more of the outgoing, fake laughter and champagne kind of person, all for seances and parties, whilst you were rather quiet and warm hearted. Some of your friends thought you were more of a mother than your own mother was. Due to your nature you took on to a different craft than your mother did: books. You started as an editor, but you soon wrote your own pieces. They weren't what people were expecting when they looked at you, and you loved the way it shocked them. All those gory, horror images sprouting from the mind of such an innocent looking creature such as yourself amazed them. Your books weren't major successes but they paid your bills, so that was okay.

Today your mother was invited to sing at Fish's. Not your favourite place in Gotham, but certainly not the shadiest. After her performance your mother had decided to hang out with the other girls behind the stage and 'do the things mom's do with their friends'. You were old enough to know that this meant either drugs or booze, so you just sat at your table for awhile, watching the people around you. Your eyes always fell back upon the gentleman that followed Fish wherever she went. He had something to him, even if he wasn't conventionally handsome you justcouldn't take your eyes from him.

As your mother hadn't come back for some time now and the man was gone as well you decided to go outside for a minute to get some fresh air. Just before you allowed yourself to open the door to the backside of the club you stopped. The noise of people yelling and something thumping repeatedly kept you from going out. As footsteps came close to the door you decided it would be better for your life if you hid for a moment. You didn't want to end up like the poor fellow they beat up out there. Once you were sure the men had gone you stepped outside.The man you had watched earlier was now lying in a puddle of rainwater and blood.

"Hey, are you...alright?" He didn't answer, so you decided to try and have a look at his face. Maybe he was unconscious?

As soon as you got closer to his face he winced.

"Please just leave."God he looked miserable. His face was red, his eyes bloodshot. He wouldn't even look at you properly. You could practically feel his shame.

"Oh no, I surely won't leave you out here in the rain looking beat up like that. Look,let's clean you up and get you somewhere nicer than here to fix you?"He didn't trust you. You could tell by the way he looked at you.

"They sent you out here to bring me somewhere worse or end me, didn't they? You're just a prettier version of those goons that did this, aren't you?" This was ridiculous. He was so frantic now, wiggling around and crawling away from you as if your touch was poison.

"Alright. I was just trying to be nice, you know. But if you don't want my help, help yourself." You opened your umbrella and began walking away, slowly and not looking back.

"Please-, Please don't leave me here." He wiggled after you, obviously in a lot of pain while doing so.

"Come on, let me help you walk, that just looks terrible. I'll bring you to my place and fix you as good as I can," You wrapped an arm around him and helped him relief the weight on his hurt leg. "Sometimes you just gotta trust people. And thanks fort he compliment earlier, you're not too bad looking yourself." He raised his eyebrows at that comment and you winked.

Your mother wouldn't need that car anyway when she was done with whatever she was doing.