"Not what I meant"

"I'm sorry if I hurt you. I think I have to go now." In that moment it felt like my world came crashing down. To understand how a day which was meant to be amazing came to such a conclusion, let me rewind it a bit.

The next day came and I got up at 10am, a little later than usual as there was no training. I had my day planned and nothing could go wrong. I was first going to have a quick workout session, grab lunch, before buying Wonyoung a gift. Afterwords I would take a nap. By the time I wake up, it should be 6.30, leaving enough time to shower, eat a light dinner in case we get supper later, get dressed up and reach the cinema half an hour early to buy tickets.

Everything up till that point went exactly according to plan. I texted Wonyoung after getting the tickets: Hey I got the tickets. The cinema is almost empty so we got great seats! I also got us some popcorn and a couple of drinks. Text me when you're reaching. See you! She replied almost instantly.

Wonyoung: Cool. I'm one bus stop away. So excited for the movie!!! Not Long later, I saw her alighting the bus. She was gorgeous as usual and wore an oversized t-shirt with ripped jeans. She immediately teased me when she saw me, "woah, someone dressed up today! And why do you have roses and chocolates with you?".

"Oh I thought I'd get you a gift to cheer you up, but you seem to be in a cheerful mood already." It was nice seeing her with a bright smile etched across her face.

"Aww thanks!" I offered to hold the gifts for now and pass her to them before we said goodbye. She agreed and tugged me along as she ran into the cinema. Wow somebody is excited.

The movie, Crazy Rich Asians, was good, filled with jokes and some drama. We both enjoyed ourselves thoroughly and laughed a lot throughout. There were a few times I had considered putting my hand around her shoulder or feeding her popcorn but I was too shy, as usual.

After the movie ended, we exited the cinema. She turned to me and pouted, "oppa I'm hungry... Can we go get some food?" I nodded as I too was famished. We went to a nearby fast food chain and grabbed some food. We decided to takeaway the food and it eat it by Han river.

We found a sitting area at Han river and started eating. "Oppa the movie was so good! Thanks for coming out with me today! You always make me so happy!"

I smiled and replied as cooly as I could, "Yeah it was. And it's always my pleasure. If you ever want to go out, just text me. I'm always up for it." For a while, we just sat there in silence, chowing down on our food. I felt so blessed in that moment and stopped eating for a while to just admire her. In the moonlight, her skin shone and I felt so lucky to just be acquainted with her.

She noticed this and said with a giggle, "why are you looking at me? Is there something on my face?" I shook my head and went back to eating my food. We soon finished our food and just sat there talking about training and school.

Suddenly, she looked up at the night sky and exclaimed, "wow! The moon sure is beautiful tonight." I read somewhere that in Japan, saying that the moon was beautiful was basically confessing your love to the person you said it to. Noting that, I looked at her straight in the eyes, and after what felt like eternity, made a move. I leaned in and kissed her.

She was taken aback and immediately pushed me backwards. She looked down realising my feelings before looking up again and saying, "I'm sorry, that wasn't what I meant. I'm sorry if I hurt you. I think I have to go now." With that she took off, without even taking her gifts. I was left in shock and on the verge of tears. How did such a perfect day go to shit so fast? I felt helpless and realised I had messed up. I shouldn't have assumed. I shouldn't have done that.