| ᴘᴀʀᴛ ᴏɴᴇ

{ sᴇᴀsᴏɴ ᴏɴᴇ }

A tragical romance

A tragical romance. You'd think something as rare as a beautiful, a sad, tragical romance could only happen in the many elaborate stories the young Anne Shirley-Cuthbert's mind would make up upon one of her many conversations with Lily Grant. Lily always adored those many conversations, the way Anne spoke with such emphasis, and the way Lily would listen to every detail. She would ever so religiously listen to these stories, absorbing each word, and imagining her own tragical romance. See, you wouldn't think a tragical romance would happen in the Canadian town of Avonlea. Anne saw Avonlea as the most beautiful place in the world, having been in love with it since day one. Lily, saw Avonlea only as a cage, keeping her hidden from the real world. These girls, though with differencing views, still found upmost joys in another's company. And this friendship would bloom, much to their liking. Especially to Anne, who although loving and kind had a hidden past of her own, the only remedy being a person like Lily. And Lily gave Anne what she needed most in the world, a friend. And though their friendship proved to be one of the out of ordinary things in Avonlea, it wasn't the only one. For Lily, was oblivious. Don't get me wrong she was as smart as can be. But when it came to tragical romances she couldn't seem to see one happening right in front of her, not until it was too late to last. You see, Lily also had a past, yet to become a distant sad memory for she lived with it every day. Now their kindred friendship may have proved to do good, but there was another that understood Lily beyond all, one that evidently ended up stealing her heart.

The story of Lily Grant and her fate is one of great heartache. A story dear Anne still tells nearly every day. Again, think of a tragical romance, or just a romance, how you get a rising feeling in your chest and you can feel your lungs go still from the halt of your breathing. How when you see the person you are so in love with that the mere mention of their name either breaks you apart, as you crumble like snow from the feeling. Or you immediately perk up, your mood suddenly uplifted as though you've just been thrown up into the air and there is no way you are coming down. But a tragical romance is something different. It's not just a single feeling or event. It's constant. The constant feeling of love when it's forbidden. The constant times you are faced with the worst but something is always there. Watching you, protecting you. We all wish for that tragical romance. The one with the heartbreak and the triumph. But is that a realistic wish, a tragical romance? It's exactly why it was so rare for something, like a tragical romance, to happen in a place like Avonlea. But it did.

And it happened to Lily Grant.

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ's ɴᴏᴛᴇ

hey guys. i really hope you enjoy this book. i wrote it for all my gilbert and anne with an e fans out there in need of tragical romances! feel free to vote and comment as you read, feedback is always appreciated!

i hope you grow to love this story as much as i have writing it!

~liz