Chapter twenty one: Elements and villainy

I DO NOT CLAIM THE PICTURE ABOVE

"And you're positive that's what they said?" Queen Chrysalis asked firmly, eyeing Tirek with seriousness.

Tirek nodded, eyes hard-set, "Yes, Queen Chrysalis, there's know doubt in my mind. That's what I heard."

"Then actions must be taken as soon as possible." Said Queen Chrysalis, looking between Tirek and King Sombra. "Back when I had posed as Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, Celestia mentioned to her pupil something about elements. This must be what those six ponies were going to retrieve. Her and her friends wield these artifacts and to my knowledge they can lead to our demise."

"Then we must dispose of these elements before those six ponies can bring them to her former pupil." Tirek added to her thought process, clenching his fist.

"Or we can cut out the middle pony and go straight to the source." King Sombra suggested, a dark, cold look in his red eyes.

"For once I like your idea."

"What do you mean for once?! Why you overgrown-"

"Stop your senseless bickering!" Queen Chrysalis hissed. "We will go after Twilight Sparkle and her little friends in order to ensure our success. After detaining them, we'll have nothing standing in our way."

"What about the other princesses?" Tirek asked, narrowing his eyes with doubt at the changeling queen.

"I shall deal with the personally. While my army deals with Luna and Mi Amore Cadenza, I shall deal with Celestia myself. I bested her once with ease, I want to have the satisfaction of doing so again."

"Then you shall, as long as I can drain the six ponies of their magic, flight, and strength, I certainly won't be in your way."

"Take down your foes, once that puny dragon is at the mercy of my magic, by all means put into motion your personal revenge plans." Said King Sombra, gritting his teeth as faint trails of dark magic swirled around him. "That dragon will pay! "

"But not just those ponies we mentioned," Queen Chrysalis began with a smirk. "All of Equestria will pay!"

Queen Chrysalis flew up into the air above the other two, the sound of her wings joining the  rest of the thousands upon thousand of wings buzzing about the changeling hive. She knew her changelings could infiltrate Twilight Sparkle's castle and capture the six ponies and baby dragon with ease. And though the Canterlot and Crystal Empire castles will be much more heavily guarded, handling them would still be an easy feat. Of course, there was the idea of that Prince Shining Armor colt. He had fallen for her tricks once, he might be weary if she disguised herself as somepony he knew well.

But revenge would be so sweet... yes, Chrysalis knew he would fall for her tricks once more. They all would.

...

Once in the inside the cave, the six ponies stood still at the sight of the glorious Tree of Harmony. The tree was unlike any other they've ever seen. It's powder blue color was breathtaking and the sun and moon images carved into its bark were easily recognized as Princess Celestia and Princess Luna's cutie marks. The Elements of Harmony and the orbs hanging off the branches shone and faintly glowed, a truly welcoming sight. One thing was for sure: The sketch didn't capture the full beauty of the remarkable tree.

"So, that's really it, huh?" Said Flora Blossom, her eyes alight with fondness. "It's beautiful!"

"It really is." Winter nodded, starting a slow walk towards the Tree of Harmony.

Geode however, plowed forward at a gallop, "This is so awesome! Let's go get those elements!"

Once he was closer to the tree, he felt the earth under his hooves surge with magic, and it seemed to vibrate while small crystals sprouted up within the proximity. He looked around, trying to figure out just what he triggered to happen. Beneath him, an outline of his cutie mark formed in gray, bit by bit, as if it were being drawn line by line. Everypony watched as the same thing happened on the cave wall behind the Tree of Harmony, the cutie mark glowing once it was fully drawn out.