Chapter seven

Chapter 7 Derek’s POV

As I was sobbing in my mother’s arms Nina came through the doors. A few moments later Kat left the room, I wanted to go after her but I needed to be with my mom and sister.

“Mom you need rest, it has been a long day. We will be back in the morning” I kissed her cheek and Nina and I left. Liam was outside the room waiting for Nina. She immediately jumped into his arms.

I went straight to my bedroom and Kat was fast asleep, she was curled up in a ball in the corner of the bed. I changed and slipped into bed next to her, I pulled her close. I needed her I had just found my mom after thinking she had died. I kissed her head, none of this would have happened without her.

I woke up and Kat was gone I looked at the clock and it was only 6am.

Baby where are you I mind linked her.

I’m with Anna in the kitchen. I got dressed and went down. Anna was mixing stuff in a bowl and Kat was washing. I went behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist, she squealed and Anna giggled.

“Ruby can you please finish up here” Ruby was a kind lady she looked about 40ish and Kat had chosen her to look after Anna.

“Babe I want you to meet my mom properly and Anna” she kissed my cheek and we left to go to the pack doctor.

“Grandma” Anna squealed and ran into her arms.

“Anna sweetie I missed you, thank god you are ok” she held on to Anna tighter and she began to cry.

“Nana I miss daddy and mommy”  she sobbed and I felt hurt I know I’m not her real father but I’m trying.

“Are you ok” Kat asked she squeezed my hand and put her head on my chest.

“Derek who is this beautiful girl” mom picked Anna up and came towards us.

“Nana this is my new mommy” mom looked at me in confusion.

“Mom this beautiful girl is my mate Katherine and she is also alpha of this pack” I could see Kat blush, my mom looked at her for a moment and pulled Kat into a hug. Kat froze for a second but gave my mom a hug back.

“Mom your squashing her” mom could get a little too happy at times.

“It’s ok I like your mom’s hugs Derek” Kat looked at my mom and I could tell she was nervous.

“Honey thank you so much you looked after my son and my granddaughter and all of my pack.”

“it’s ok I love him and Anna so much and you pack is now mine. Thank you”

“What for sweetie”

“Well Derek told me you brought this to give to me, it’s beautiful.” She held up her hand and showed my mother the bracelet.

“You went back, I told you not to, you put everyone in danger” mom shouted.

“Mom I had to go back I’m sorry, I thought you were dead. There was ashes everywhere” I looked at her and I felt the tears prick my eyes.

“Honey I need to talk to you but I think it’s best if Anna leaves” she looked to Anna and then to Kat.

“I will take Anna you need to talk” Kat picked up Anna and was about to leave when mom spoke.

“No dear this concerns you as well, I just wanted Anna away she is too young. I think you should call a pack meeting after breakfast.” Kat nodded.