chapter 12

I woke up the next morning and I could hear Derek snoring his arm was wrapped around my waist, I tried to move but I couldn’t.

“Morning baby” he whispered in my ear.

“Morning babe” I kissed his cheeks and I groaned in pain.

“What’s wrong, are you ok” he looked me over for injuries but came up with nothing.

“I’m just a little bit sore” I blushed thinking about earlier events.

“I’m sorry I should have been more careful” I kissed his lips and I could feel him getting excited.

“Um did you, was I, was I ok” I asked. He pulled me in for another kiss and he started kissing and sucking on my mark. He pulled back and smiled.

“You were amazing, especially in that beautiful outfit you wore last night” I blushed looking down at my red lace baby doll.

“You know we have to go back today” I snuggled into his chest.

“I wish we could stay like this for ever”

We were both complete, on the way back all I thought about was the reaction the pack would have, and because I am alpha they will sense that I have mated. How embarrassing. We were on the way back to the pack when Derek took a wrong turn. “Baby where are we going” I took his hand and he squeezed it.

“You’ll find out soon” he kissed my hand and I waited for him to stop.

We got out of the car and all I could see was waste land, there was burnt down buildings and the faintest smell of blood.

“This was my home Kathrine, I have so many memories here bad and good. When I came back to get that bracelet everyone had burnt to ashes I thought all of my pack was dead. But I now that we can save some of them. I want to help save my pack if you will let me” I kissed him softly and looked at him in the eyes.

“Derek, you are my mate your alpha now and that means that every decision made will be authorised by me and you. We are in control and I promise you we will save as many people as we can. I wish I found you sooner I could have stopped this all from happening. Your dad and brother would still be alive. But I promise you that once we have saved them I will make a memorial of all the lives lost”

"I love You"