A Very Special Christmas

TIMESKIP TO CHRISTMAS

Taraji sat at the table with Terrance as their mothers danced around the kitchen. This year they were celebrating Christmas together, prompting Taraji and Terrance to stayed glued to each other. Their task was to pick the collard greens and peeling potatoes. Yet Taraji had only done two leaves and Terrance was still on that same potato he started with. They distracted each other playing footsies under the table, and throwing uncooked black eyed at each other. Their mothers paid them no attention, Ms. Bernice was preparing the ham while Ms. Alice crumbled cornbread for the dressing(stuffing). Taraji had thrown the pea to far back making it fly into the kitchen.

" What the hell are y'all doing? How did a pea get in here?" Ms. Alice asked turning around

She faced the two blushing teens and Taraji giggled

"sorry ma. I meant to hit him." she laughed as she dodged a pea that Terrance threw.

"Y'all stop making a mess, do those collard greens and potatoes, I'll be done in a few minutes." Bernice said

They went back to their task, they let the joke go for a while meaning they get actually get some work done. Terrance was on his last potato and he was focused. Taraji looked in the kitchen to see what her mothers were doing. They were busy, so she decided to play around again. She slipping off her thong under the table, the night gown  she had on making the move easy.  She used a sling-shot action to fling it across the table and it hit Terrance in the face. He looked up confused but he saw her smirk and saw the black thong in his lap. He shook his head at her and slipped it in his pocket. She gapped at him. She thought he'd throw it back.

She giggled, once again they were distracted. Lip Syncing along with the Temptations Record their mothers played from the kitchen stereo, they sang to each other.

The two adults watched from the kitchen. They were going to ask for the potatoes and collard greens but the exchange between their children interested them. They could tell from the interaction that something strong was brewing between the two, something romantic. Bernice saw this coming after the Thanksgiving fiasco.

Terrance became Taraji's support system after that. He went into comfort and protect mode. Taraji didn't even have to build a wall to keep people out, Terrance was her wall. He was there for her whenever she needed. Taraji was a "Daddy's Girl" through and through so when he left the house for good, she was distraught. 

Out of love for her daughter, Bernice agreed to counseling and agreed to cooperate with trying to fix her family. It didn't work at all, counseling made her angrier. Hearing what her husband did for almost Seven years behind her back, made her wish she had killed them both the day she had the chance.

She got over the feeling because she had a child to take care of, Alice stepped in as much as she could helping her friend adjust to being the only parent in the house.

Boris and Taraji still spent together, he was still her dad and he made sure she was taken care of.

She wished things didn't go the way they did but she had no control over it.

"Can y'all finish please? We need those to finish preparing everything for tomorrow or nobody will be eating anything but a pizza." Alice said interrupting the two

" I'm done with my stuff. It's her." Terrance said handing the bowl to his mother

Taraji stuck her tongue out at him, she got back to her task.

"I'm gonna go shower before I go to bed, I mean the couch. Not a bed." He said cleaning up the potato peels

Taraji smacked her lips, she didn't want him to leave her down here by herself. He looked at her and saw her pout, he sighed