Chapter Seven

No one spoke. Gwen's eyes flashed between the Doctor and Penny, they were so many things she wanted to ask but didn't have the courage to say. She looked around the room and the Doctor to the left  looked horrified whilst clinging on to Rose's hand. The Doctor straight ahead had no expression on his face but Gwen saw the pain and sadness in his ancient eyes. She looked at Jack and she noticed how surprised he looked perhaps he wasn't the only one who kept secret from his friends. Maybe when you have lived so many lives you don't see it as secrets.

"Why here?" The Doctor dressed in leather asked.

"Don't you remember our first date? Way before the time war started. We came to this run down planet and then we ended up having to defeat an army of Rasket's, my brave Doctor  trouble followed you everywhere you went and you loved it and you know what so did I. This is the exact place I decided to be with you forever."

"I'm sorry" The three Doctor said at once. The one nearest to Penny stroked her cheek with his thumb and she slapped it away quickly.

"You destroyed Gallifrey  and you sat and watched it burn now I'm going to sit and watch you burn whilst you watch us win the war!" She roared. "I will fulfil the task my father failed to do and you will not stop me. The war will take place Doctor but your precious Earth is protected."

She fiddled with the rift manipulator and the floor shook knocking Gwen off her feet. 

"What was that?" She asked 

"The signal has been sent but I want to talk to my father first before Gallifrey descends."

Angry shouts where coming from all different directions of the room and Gwen felt scared and hopeless and she yearned for her daughter.  

A bright white flash blinded her and brought her attention back to the event going on in the grubby circular room. There in the room with his arms wrapped around Penny was The Master, so Gwen presumed.

"Father' Penny cried. They clung to each other and Gwen almost felt sorry for her but her words kept running through her head "You and your friends will die." She shivered and felt scared she was so far away from home from her Rhys and Anwen. She still couldn't grasp the idea that she was on a different planet. She looked closely at the Master and she could have sworn she recognised him but she had no idea why and then she clicked it was Harold Saxon. Before she had chance to comment The Master's body and face changed to electic blue skeleton and with a flash he was back to normal.

"Oh you've invited your friends to play" He said laughing as he looked around the room "It's time to go home baby." He took the rift manipulator out of her hand and within seconds the ground beneath them shook once more. The sound came from above it was the sound of ships and the cry of the Daleks and the sound of war and death and destruction.  

"You can't do this!" screamed the Doctor from behind Penny.

"Oh but we can and we have Doctor. Get yourself ready for a family reunion I'm taking you to see your son when you're a bit older." She smiled at the Doctor stood beside her. "Come with me."