Chapter Five

"You have a wife?" Jack exclaimed.

"Well yeah. Technically speaking  I have two. River and.." The doctor slapped at his forehead in confusion "but she can't be alive, she can't be. Jack your new doctor what did you say her name was?" He whipped round and grabbed Jack and looked at him with a face full of fear. 

"Penny but she's human." The Doctor backed away with his eyes wide with panic.

"When did you meet her?"  

"We officially met 2 weeks ago but I watched her for months Doctor . She was brilliant during the miracle and I wanted her on my team so that next time a world disaster occurred we would be ready!" He said growing angry.

"She tricked you Jack that's what she does. She manipulates people to get what she wants."  He growled.

Gwen stood and observed the two men and she still had no idea what was going on. "What does she want? Why she doing this?" She asked looking at The Doctor.

"She wants me and I have a lot of explaining to do. We've got to go, Jack give me your arm now, now" He ordered impatiently. Jack give him his arm and he pulled out his device out of his brown tweed jacket and a familiar buzz rang softly through Gwen's ears as he  seemed to be doing something to Jacks wrist strap. The strap beeped as The Doctor messed with the buttons of the strap and then he grabbed Gwen hands and placed it between Jacks wrist and The Doctors hand. Suddenly the hub disappears and it felt as if they were falling and they were never going to stop. A scream escalated from Gwen's mouth as the fall continued and then suddenly all three of them crashed onto a grubby floor. 

The Doctor loosened his grip from Gwen's hand and threw himself onto his feet and helped his two friends up. Jack grabbed as a dizzy Gwen nearly collapsed onto the floor "Don't worry your head will feel funny, You will be ok in a bit." Gwen and Jack eyes met and neither one of them wanted to look away until they were interrupted by a voice. A very angry voice.

"Look you missy if you don't let us out, I rip that hair of your head"  

They heard a second voice "Donna!"

The Doctor eyes widened and he shot off down the long dark corridor. Jack followed and so did Gwen. The corridor was dirty and musty with a lingering mildew odor. The corridor stretched on until they came to a circular room with cells around the sides and there stood in the middle of the old crumbling room was Penny. 

"Hi darling, did you miss me?" She asked looking at the Doctor with an evil smile across her face. Gwen noticed that her innocence and vulnerability had disappeared and she looked older and full of hatred. 

"What have you done with our friends?" The Doctor asked angrily. 

"Oh honey there right here" She pointed towards the cell on the left of them and their stood Rex, Amy and Rory. 

"Amy, Rory are you ok?" He asked  grabbing onto the bars as if they would magically open.

"We're fine" Amy replied with a reassuring smile. 

"What you want with us?" A voice unknown to Gwen asked and then she realised there were more people in each of the cells.  In the one next to the one the Doctor stood next to was a man in a leather jacket and the voice belonged to the girl with blond hair. The one straight ahead of them stood a red-head woman and the Doctor. The Doctor that helped them destroy the Daleks many years ago. Gwen was speechless. How could there be more than one Doctor here? What was it that Penny wanted? Finally in the two cells rightwere filled with random faces, the people taken by the rift in the city.

The Doctor finally spoke just one word as soon as he heard the voice call out "Rose." 

"Yes Doctor, I've brought you here more ways than one and your old friend. Doesn't that break your hearts." Her voice was full of evil as she stood there smiling like an insane person.