Chapter Three

Jack grabbed his coat and left the hub before Gwen had a chance to say anything. She ran after him full of hope. As she got closer to Jack and the blue box she could hear the screams of Jack shouting The Doctors name and he then disappeared into the box. She halted before the door of the blue box and observed the beauty of it. She read the sign above the doors of the great box and she wondered whether or not he was involved with the police. It seemed very unlikely because when she was with the police she never heard of The Doctor and she couldn't imagine it anyways. She took a deep breath and opened the doors of The Doctors home. 

She couldn't believe her eyes, it was bigger on the inside but she has seen thing much more strange so she adjusted very quickly. The size wasn't  the strangest part it was noise of the Doctors machine almost like it was breathing. 

"This is the Tardis Gwen, Ain't she beautiful?" Jack said with a little laugh "A bit different from the last time I seen it. Doctor I love what you have done with the place."

"Thanks Jack, I suppose a lot has changed since the last time we saved the world together." Gwen didn't hear Jacks reply because she looked at the Doctor and he was nothing like she remembered him. He was much younger and a lot more childish, in the way he spoke even in the way he stood. 

She started to panic and She believed Jack had gone mad.  

"Jack that's not The Doctor" and to her surprise the two men in front of her looked and each other a laughed. She grew angry with not knowing what was going on.  

"What do you mean he's not the Doctor?" A third voice said and that's when Gwen noticed the other two people stood around the console of the Tardis. The voice belonged to a man with shabby hair and stood next to him was a red-haired woman with a puzzled expression upon her face.

"Oh where are my manors?" The doctor danced to the middle of the man and woman and said "Jack, Gwen this is Rory and Amy. Rory and Amy, Jack, Gwen." He swooped through the middle of them and headed towards Gwen with a cheerful smile upon his face "Trust me, I'm The Doctor."

Jack then explained to Gwen about how the Doctor changes when he is dying and how they called it regeneration. Then Jack and Gwen explained to the doctor about the disappearances and the rift activity.  It was all explained so quickly and within minutes Gwen, Jack and the new faced Doctor headed for the hub leaving The ponds behind to keep watch of the bay.  

Whilst Jack showed The Doctor the readings of the rift activity and the footage of the people being snatched Gwen noticed the Doctor pull a device out of his pocket. He held it in front of the computers and it glowed green and made a slight hum. 

"Just as I thought someone has created a rift manipulator with the rift energy and by using  your computer data. How clever!" He exclaimed as he pressed his hands on his temple as if he had a headache. 

"I'm not here by accident either, I was meant to be landing on the planet Fenton where everyone looks the exact same, lovely planet!" He said straightening his bow tie "It was like someone wanted me here on this exact day but why?"  Neither of them replied because they felt as if The Doctor wasn't talking to them, they just watched him look through the readings and now and then he would run a hand through his hair as if it was helping him think. 

The systems warning noise startled Gwen and the doctor was shouting "NO, NO, NO, NO!"

The three ran out onto the bay and before looking they all knew what to expect. The place in front of the tower stood still. Empty and alone. The Tardis was gone and so were the doctors friends. The rift manipulator had been used once more.