Chapter Sixteen: A Parent's Plot

Sergio sighed as he looked at the prisoner that they had captured, they weren’t any closer to learn what was being planned against him then they had been in the beginning when he had arrived.

“Relax Ramos, we’ll have our answers soon,” Casillas said making the other werewolf look at him, he knew that his friend was right but he hated that they were no closer to learning the truth; it scared him that they couldn't learn what was happening and that it threatened Eliza’s wellbeing.

“I don’t like this Casillas,” Sergio said shaking his head as he glared at the man in the interrogation room, he didn't know what was being planned but it worried him about what could happen to his pregnant wife.

“I know… but until we can get answers it’s best to calm down, your wife is safe at home,” Casillas said making Sergio sigh as he ran a hand through his hair, he knew that his friend was trying to get him to look at the good side of what was happening; he didn't know what else to think about her parents secret activity.

It had worried him when Iker had called him with Intel that Eliza was in danger; it was only made worse when he learnt that it was her parents behind the plan that had been unveiled.

“I just want this dealt with before the twins arrived,” Sergio said annoyed as he looked at the man that could tell him everything that he needed to know about what her parents were planning.

Sergio licked his lips as Casillas headed back into the interrogation room, he watched the man smirk at the sight of the two werewolves; it was clear that he found what was happening amusing.

***

Eliza sighed as she looked at the empty space next to her, she had been alone since her husband had gone to Madrid; she knew that he would be back in a few days but something unsettled her.

The blonde sighed as she climbed out of bed; her feet touched the cold floor causing her to shiver as she rested a hand on her swollen stomach; she was thirteen weeks pregnant and there wasn’t long left until the twins were due.

“Buenos días milady,” Natasha said as she entered the room, Eliza nodded her head at her maidservant as she yawned and stretched; she was wearing a coral floral Babydoll, she knew that she had things to do while Sergio was away in Madrid.

Eliza headed into the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror, she knew that everything would change when she had Sergio’s twins; she smiled as she rested a hand against the bump of her stomach.

Eliza slowly prepared for her day, she was set to meet Vania and Mirian for lunch before she went on to do some appearances around the city; the blonde knew that she wouldn’t hear from Sergio until later that day, she hoped that she’d be able to speak with him a little longer than the day before.

Dressing in a navy maternity Aztec cap sleeve bodycon dress paired with black heeled sandals; the blonde sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror, wondering what her husband was doing.

Natasha smiled as she made sure that the blonde was ready for her day before they heard a crash in the hallway; Eliza licked her lips as she looked at Natasha confused as the maidservant moved to see what was happening outside.

Natasha closed the door quickly behind her in terror before she turned to face Eliza; the blonde looked at her confused wondering what was going on as the brunette locked the door behind her.

“People have broken into the manor milady,” Natasha said making Eliza stare at her as she realised that this wasn’t going to end well, she swallowed as she brushed a hand through her hair; she had never expected anyone to be stupid enough to break into a werewolf’s home.

Natasha hurried forward as she thought of ways to hide her mistress; she knew that the master wouldn’t be pleased when he learnt that someone had broken into his home while his pregnant wife was there.

“Quickly my lady,” Natasha said as she hurried the blonde to the back of the bedroom, where the wardrobe’s lay; the brunette opened one and quickly looked inside the wardrobe which made Eliza swallow as she realised that she was expected to hide.

Natasha stared at the blonde, who shook her head and moved to sit down on one of the chairs in the bedroom; she didn't know what her mistress was thinking but she had a feeling that it wasn’t going to end well.

“I won’t hide… if they want to attempt to take me then let them,” Eliza said in defiance as she crossed her arms, she knew that she was being stupid and she had no idea that they wanted.

It was at that point that the bedroom door caved in allowing, the intruders to enter the room; Eliza stared stunned as she recognised the leader of the small group of people.

“Padre,” the blonde breathed as she stared at her father, who smirked as he looked at his pregnant daughter; he couldn't believe that this was going to be this easy.

***

“I’ll ask again… what are Brendan and Tanya Copas Trejo planning?” Casillas asked as he glared at the man that was tidied to his chair, Sergio frowned as the man chuckled amused at the fact that they couldn't get anything out of him.

Sergio slowly moved forward making Casillas glare at him warningly, he knew that the other werewolf was getting impatient.

“It doesn’t matter… you’re too late now anyway,” the man said smugly as he looked at the clock on the wall, Sergio stared at him wondering what he was talking about before someone rushed into the room; the two werewolves looked at him confused before he dropped the bomb.

“Ramos manor has been breached… there doesn’t seem to be any survivors,” the wolf said making Sergio’s legs feel weak, he swallowed as Casillas looked at him concerned as he moved to glare at the man that suddenly looked terrified.

“What were they after?” Sergio snarled as he looked at the man that had all the answers that he now wanted; the man swallowed as he realised that he was in a lot of trouble.

Sergio advanced on him, he wanted to know what had happened and why he had lost his wife; the man swallowed as he looked at Lord Casillas as if he would get any help.

“I’m just the distraction… they wanted their daughter back to pay off their debts,” the man said frightened as he realised that Sergio would kill him; his life was no longer protected by the fact that he had information that they needed.

Sergio sighed slightly relieved at the news that Eliza was okay, if her parents needed her to pay off their debts then they needed her alive.

“Where were they taking her?” Sergio asked making the man swallow as he realised that now that he had spoken they would get everything they needed from him.

Sergio watched him, he hoped to have Eliza back before he lost her forever; he hated to think what Tanya and Brendan would do to their daughter if they didn't get what they wanted out of this.