Chapter Twelve: Learning the Truth

Sergio take a deep breath, he knew what he was about to tell her was going to change everything; he didn't know what Eliza would do when the truth came out, he hoped that she would understand.

“It all started five years ago… I was in Andorra on business with Lord Calvin, I was there for peace talks between our territories,” Sergio said making Eliza nod her head, she had a feeling that there was so much more to this than she had been told before.

“I was twenty-one and Calvin was showing me around Andorra la Vella when I saw the most beautiful creature that I have ever laid eyes on,” Sergio said making his wife swallow as he stared right in her eyes, she didn't expect him to say something like this.

Sergio brushed some hair away from her brown eyes, he offered her a small smile before he continued.

“I knew right there and then that I loved her… she was the one that I was meant to be with, Eliza… I was always going to marry you,” Sergio said making the blonde stare at him.

Eliza hadn’t expected him to say anything like that, she had expected some story about her father doing something stupid but so far she hadn’t heard that.

“For my kind it is extremely rare to find our soul-mates, but I knew the moment that I saw you that day you were meant for me… it’s the reason that we feel the way we do about each other,” Sergio said as he took Eliza’s hand, he brushed his thumb along the back of her hand; the blonde stared at him shocked as he smiled up at her.

Eliza took a deep breath as she nodded at him to continue, she wanted this all out in the open; Sergio sighed as he pulled his eyes from hers and looked down.

“At the time, I just wanted you to be happy… I didn't know you and I wanted to ensure that you didn't find yourself in any trouble; so I walked away and asked Calvin to watch over you,” Sergio said softly as he remembered what he had done to make sure that she was okay before he walked away and left her to her life.

Eliza watched him sadly; she didn't know that he had sacrificed for her and she knew that things could have been worse for them if he had attempted any of this when she had been nineteen.

“Last year I was in Madrid and I bumped into your padre… he knew a lot more than he should of about the details of your protection that I had put in place,” Sergio said making Eliza nod as she remembered some details about her father’s trip to Madrid and it had been there that the arrangement had fallen into place.

The blonde swallowed as she watched for Sergio to continue, he took a deep breath and looked back at her; his eyes burning with strong emotions as he prepared to continue his story.

“At first I ignored him, I told Calvin to keep an extra eye on you… I was about to return home when news reached me that your padre had been speaking with Lord Torres, he’s the werewolf of Murcia,” Sergio said making Eliza nod her head confused on why her father had been speaking with the werewolf.

Watching her husband take a deep breath, Eliza squeezed his hand making Sergio look at her; he was glad that she was taking this so well so far, he hoped that she would take the next part as well.

“He was trying to sell you to him, your parents owed him a lot of money and he thought you’d be a nice prize,” Sergio spat furiously, Eliza stared at him sickened that her parents had attempted to use her like that.

Eliza didn't mind that she had this dropped on her like she had now, Sergio had been the lesser of two evils.

“I confronted your padre; I did the only thing that I could… I claimed you and took your brother in hopes that it would save him from what they had planned for him,” Sergio said gently making Eliza nod her head as she tried to wrap her head around what her parents were truly capable of.

Sergio moved closer to his wife in comfort, he felt like a weight had been lifted off his shoulders as he told her what had been happening in the shadows.

“For the last year, I have begged them to allow us to meet… they always came up with excuses and finally when you arrived for the wedding, I had no idea they hadn’t even told you why you were here,” Sergio said as if apologising for what her parents had done; Eliza looked at Sergio, she finally felt like everything was clear now.

Sergio drew Eliza close to him, he nuzzled her gently as the two of them sat in silence; the blonde sighed as she rested her head against hers, she closed her eyes content for a moment making Sergio smile.

“I’m sorry that it all had to happen like this,” Sergio said as he watched his wife for a moment, she looked at him for a moment wondering why he was apologising; if it hadn’t been for him then she didn't know what would have ever happened to her.

Taking a deep breath, Eliza closed the gap between them and kissed Sergio, he stayed still for a moment as his wife wrapped her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss.

***

Sergio smiled as he trailed a hand down his wife’s body, he hadn’t expected that they would have ended up doing what they had; he glanced at Eliza’s sleeping form knowing that tonight had changed everything for them.

Sergio moved his hand over the bump that she know carried, he smiled at the thought about his child; he didn't know what he would have done if she hadn’t taken the news this well.

“I love you,” Sergio murmured as he kissed her bare shoulder, he closed his eyes as he rested her head against her shoulder; he curled his front against her back.

“I love you too,” Eliza whispered back making Sergio’s eyes open, he lay quietly for a moment as she turned over and looked at him; the werewolf swallowed as his eyes searched hers but there was no doubt in her words or her feelings through their bond.

“I mean it, I love you Sergio,” Eliza said as she kissed his lips, the werewolf cupped her face as they kissed; he wondered for a moment if he was asleep and was dreaming about this.

Eliza rested her head against his as she tried to calm her breathing, Sergio carefully pulled her back into a kiss; he had been waiting for this for so long and to finally have it meant the world to him.

“I love you,” Sergio said as he pulled back slightly, Eliza nodded her head as she looked at him; the werewolf kissed her softly again, he didn't know if he would ever be able to stop kissing her.

“Gracias,” Eliza murmured making Sergio look at her a little confused as she ran her fingers through his hair, she kissed him softly before resting her head against his.

“For everything that you have done for me,” Eliza explained making Sergio look at her, the emotions that lay in her eyes making him swallow before he kissed her again.

The couple knew that when they returned to Andorra for the wedding that Eliza’s parents would be expecting to see them; Sergio was willing to do anything that kept his wife happy and if she didn't want to see her parents then he wouldn’t force her.

“I love you so much Eliza… I would do anything for you,” Sergio said as he brought her closer, his lips grazed against hers; Eliza pulled him closer as she kissed him as she tried to force all her emotions through the kiss to show him how grateful she was.