Bonus Chapter 5

Iris's P. O. V. *3 years later*

"Wesley Dean Herron." The principal announced as Wes walked across the stage.  I stood and hollered with Zach and the guys while recording on my phone.

Zach wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into his side. I wiped my tears and felt Zach kiss my head. We watched as Wes took his diploma and walked off the stage and back to his seat.

Emersyn was valedictorian so she had already walked across the stage. We all sat and waited, clapping when appropriate. Once the last person got their diploma, they all walked out of the stadium and we all got up and left.

"Mom! Dad!" I turned and saw Wes, Emersyn, Xavier, and Randy standing by a tree wrapped in Christmas lights.

"I'm so proud of you!" I squealed and hugged Wes. He chuckled and hugged me back. Zach, Desi, and Noah all came and hugged us, too.

Wes stood and took pictures with us, then we had a group picture with all the guys and their families. Then we took pictures with Xavier, Randy, Emersyn, and Wes. Then just Emersyn and Wes. Then Wes and just his guy friends. And all the other families.

It took a while but finally everyone was happy with their pictures. Wes took Noah in his arms and walked to the car. We were all meeting up at our house for a graduation party.

Wes's P. O. V.

We were home first, but pretty soon everyone was in our living room or our backyard.

"So you ready for college?" Grandma asked. I was sitting on the couch with grandma and grandpa Herron on either side of me.

"I'm really excited."

"I heard you got a soccer scholarship to UCLA, that's impressive."

"Thanks." I chuckled. Aunt Reese came up and started talking, thankfully taking the subject off of me.

I slowly pulled myself out of the conversation and got up, finding my way outside. Emersyn was talking to my mom and Kayla when I walked up. I put my arms around her waist and rested my chin on her shoulder. She instinctively put her hands on mine.

"Yeah, I was like in shock when I got the letter. Like everyone always told me like of course I'd get in, I'm valedictorian, but I just didn't want to get my hopes up and then be let down. But I'm beyond excited to go, especially on such a huge scholarship," Emersyn rambled on. I smiled at how cute she was.

"It's quite the achievement to be proud of," my mom said.

"What's up Wes?" Emersym asked.

"Hey babe," I said kissing her cheek. My mom smiled before her and Kayla excused themselves.

"You having fun?" Emersyn asked, spinning around in my arms.

"Yeah, I just wanted to come find you." I smiled. She put her hands on the sides of my face and kissed my lips.

"I love you," she whispered.

"I love you too." I smiled and kissed her again.

We found the guys and hung out with them, joking as we brought up memories from the years. Avoiding the topic of Jeanette because of how sensitive Randy still was. She dumped him for some college guy at the beginning of the year. They were together for three years and he couldn't believe how she had just thrown him away. He said he'd get over her before he left for college, but he still gets all mopey when we talk about her.

Eventually all the families left and it was just the four of us. We all sat around the campfire on our porch, roasting s'mores.

"Guys, I just wanna thank you," I blurted.