Chapter Five

Chapter dedicated to nalu0705

********
Tyler: I want to see you.

Me: Ok when?

Tyler: Any day you’re free babygirl. I need to see you real bad. You’re stuck in my head, I need to see that gorgeous face of yours.

This boy will be the death of me I swear.

Me: Ok, ok no need to be all flirty nigga. Let’s meet this Friday. That’s the only day I can literally be free to get out of the house without my dad questioning me.

Tyler:  that’s so far away babygirl but I can understand. See you then beautiful.

“Ms. Barrymore, what you are doing right now is the reason why you are in here in the first place.” Mrs. Ware, the teacher who is always assigned to monitor detention students said.

So I found myself at detention after my science teacher Mrs. Baldwin caught me using my phone in class.

Ever since that day at the club I have been texting Tyler non-stop. It has become almost like an obsession. I’m already too attached to him and I don’t like that at all.

My history with boys hasn’t been the greatest to say the least. Guys look at me once and think that I’m “easy to get with.”

  I had this boyfriend once, his name was Kamron. We met through a mutual friend and things were great at the beginning as they always are with these relationships.

Anyways, he treated me great, showered me with gifts and took me out to awesome places, hell he even introduced me to his fucking family. The first time he cheated, I forgave him. Second time, I forgave him. Third time, I forgave him. It was like this crazy, unhealthy cycle. I kept telling myself that ‘it’ll work’ ‘just give him one last chance’.

Silly me, thinking that he actually loved me or cared about me. The last straw was when I caught him fucking my cousin in MY room, on MY bed. After that my heart has always had this wall around it. I’m not letting any nigga break my heart again.

Before Kamron there were two other guys who also shattered my trust. That’s a story for another day though. I have never trusted any boy after Kamron. I guess he ruined me for life. But with Tyler…..I don’t know. There’s just something about him.

Ignoring Mrs. Ware, I looked around and saw that we were about 13 students with majority being the typical troublesome learners who are always at detention. I’m no stranger to detention I’ve been here a couple of times and I’ve always seen those faces every single time that I’ve been here.

“Ay Brianna when are you gon’ let me tap that ass?” One of the boys at the back said whom I recognized as Cole, the biggest player at school, as the whole class laughed. Just 5 more minutes left Bri. Not wanting to respond I just looked at the clock waiting for it to strike 16:00 and decided to reply to Tyler’s text instead:

Me: It is Tuesday nigga and you saying Friday is too far?  

Tyler: Time moves slow when I’m not with you.

Ok then.

Me: Nigga stop.

Tyler: It’s true tho’. You don’t know how much I’m missing you rn even though we only met twice.

Same here. Ha I won’t tell him that though.

“You’re free to go. Try not to come back here next week.” Mrs. Ware said directly staring at Cole and his gang.

Taking my things and leaving, I walked outside where I found Avery waiting for me outside her car with Nicki Minaj on full blast, as usual. Instantly recognizing the song, I joined her in singing/rapping:

Flyer than a kite I get higher than Rapunzel

Keep the snow white I could buy it by the bundle

Step your cookies up ‘fore they crumble

Don’t be acting like the cardinals ain’t gon fumble

Cause I’m a steeler

Fresh out the dealer

All the dope boys gon’ feel her

Flow so sick I need a healer

Fuck is my MAC concealer

“Hi bitch.” Ave said hugging me.

“Hola amigo.” I absolutely love Spanish.

I just feel like it’s a sexy language and I would love to know more words as I only know the basics like greetings and common phrases.

Getting in the car Ave turned down the volume and turned to look at me with a serious look. If she gotta turn Nicki down you know it’s serious.

“What’s going on?” I asked searching her face for answers.

“Did you hear?”

“What?”

“Kiara is apparently talking to Jermaine again.”

“Hell no! Please tell me that you are joking! She cannot be serious!”

“Girl, I can make a lot of jokes about other things but not this.”

This was a big deal for us as Jermaine is 1) Cole’s best friend 2) Kiara’s ex-boyfriend who used to fucking beat her up! I don’t know what possessed her to even look his way let alone talk to him. Jermaine was the reason Kiara had to hide her bruises from her parents, Jermaine was the reason Kiara was scared to even interact with a boy, Jermaine was the reason Kiara would wake up at night as she was scared, Jermaine was the reason Kiara locked herself in her room for weeks and Jermaine is the reason behind Kiara’s broken heart!

She didn’t even report him as she was scared he would do worse.

“I’ll be goddamned if she wants to get back with that sorry excuse of a boy again.” I said meaning every word.

“You know I’m with you on that one.” She said pulling out of the parking lot.

Stupid ass nigga.

*

It sucks. I know. Sorry. Please don’t give up on me yet I’ll do better!

Song: Nicki Minaj- Itty Bitty Piggy