Best Friends for Life.

Start from the beginning

           She laughed, prying my grip off of her. 

           "Sarah!"

         Grinning, she skated her way away from me and towards Drew who was finishing his third lap around the rink. He stuck his tongue out at me as we made eye contact and I rolled my eyes. For someone who didn't want to go ice-skating, he's pretty good at it and looks like he's having fun. "Bandwagoner," I huffed under my breath.

         Taking a deep breath, I focused on my balance and slowly began to make my way towards the edge, desperate to cling on to the rails. A small smile formed onto my face as I realized that I was doing it. I was slow, but I could care less about speed. Progress is pro-

       I let out an irritated huff as I slipped, landed on the floor for what felt like the millionth time under the same hour. Okay, it was only my fourth but my butt was already sore. I literally face-palmed, not caring that I was still in the center of the rink. Slowly, dragging my hand down my face, I realized someone was standing directly in front of me.

          A low chuckle brought my gaze up and I was greeted by gleaming green eyes. Furrowing my eyebrows, I blinked but those eyes were still watching me in an amused manner. "L-Loki?"

           "What?" He replied just as confused as I was in a voice that was definitely not Loki's. I internally frowned. Not every guy with green eyes is him.

             "I'm sorry. I'm just in a daze." I sheepishly smiled, noting that I was still on the cold floor.

            "It's alright. You did fall pretty hard." The guy responded, shrugging his shoulders. He held out his hand towards me. "Here, let me help."

                "Thanks," I murmured, taking his hand. He supported me up.

               "You're alright...right?"

             "Oh, don't mind her." I heard Drew say as I felt two hands being placed onto my shoulders. "She's just crazy in general." Drew added in a teaseful sympathic tone, slowly patting my head. I didn't have to look at him to know he was grinning like a creep at the moment. That's Drew.

            "Hey!" I exclaimed, slapping Drew's hand away. Sarah reached us with ease, sending me a smirk. I turned back to the guy who had helped me up. He wore an awkward expression, obviously not knowing what to do. My gaze fell onto his shirt where his name was threaded in. He worked here. "I'm fine, Dave. Thank you."

                    Dave nodded. "You be careful, Miss."

                  As soon as Dave was out of hearing range, I sighed and Drew snorted, chuckling in the end. I turned my head in his direction. "What?"

                   "You called him Loki."

                "You did what?" Sarah demanded, wide-eyed before beginning to laugh."How embarrassing!"