Chapter 49 // Awake

Start from the beginning

"I love you too," I stated, but again not even a squeak could be heard. I just wanted her to know how much I loved her. She didn't need to worry about me or our relationship.

Someone entered the room but I couldn't view who it was because of my stupid eyeballs that wouldn't open no matter how hard I tried to pry them open. "Hi Miss Winters, Dr. Landon is going to give you your examination in room 203. I need to give Calum another dose of his medication and then I will escort you to his office."

Medication? Maybe I am high. That must be why I'm feeling this way. 

Ad let go of my hand, making me instantly miss the way our fingers intertwined together. I wanted to whine like a child and clutch onto her again, but I couldn't move an inch. "Okay," Her pretty voice agreed. 

A needle was stuck into my bicep, making me want to yelp in pain. But instead, all that happened was I fell into a state of deep slumber again, and my body relaxed even more. 

--

I could hear voices again, but this time when I went to glance over at them, my eyes actually did open. I jumped, shocked that my brain was even capable of sending messages to my body. I slowly gained my vision back, calling out for Addy and sticking my hands out for her to grab. 

"Aw, she's going to kill us," Ashton said, shaking his head in disappointment but quickly replacing his expression with a smile. "Hi buddy, I'm so glad that you're awake."

"'Me too," I mumbled, attempting to lift my lips up in a smile but they were incredibly numb and swollen. I laughed as he pulled me in for a hug. 

I used my fifth sense that had returned to scope out my surroundings, and I noticed the peppy, yet cautious, Luke was standing next to Ashton, but Ad was not in present in the room. "Where's Adelaide?"

Ashton pulled a funny face. "She literally just left a minute ago to grab us some food. She has barely left your side at all today cause she wanted to be here when you woke up, but I convinced her that she should eat and that you would still be asleep when she came back. I'm glad you're awake but Addy is literally going to execute me and I'm terrified."

I giggled, dragging the laugh out a little longer than necessary. That medication still hasn't worn off I guess. "It's okay. I love you guys."

"We love you too, Cal," Luke finally spoke up, patting my knee carefully. "Um, you're not still mad at me or anything, right?"

I grinned up at him, reaching out to ruffle his hair, but the bandage on my arm restricted me from doing so. I shrugged. "No, it's all good, man. I don't blame you for kissing Addy, she's so hot. I mean, have you seen her booty? I would kiss her too if I wasn't dating her."

Luke chuckled loudly, sharing a look with Ashton that I couldn't quite understand. "Alright you're definitely still on those drugs that the doctor gave you. But I'm really glad to see you're okay. I was so worried I was going to lose my brother."