Chapter 46 // Aftermath

Adelaide's Point of View

"No."

Calum's hands dropped from my shoulders, and his face dropped as well. There was a look of disappointment and betrayal covering every inch of his face, and he took a few steps away from me to pace around the area in front of our bed. Both of his palms were pressed together as if he was praying and they were pressed against his lips.

"I'm sorry, Calum, I should have stopped him earlier. I thought he was just joking when he flirts with me. I didn't think he would actually do anything-"

"Did you kiss him back?" Calum asked, interrupting my rambling.

I hiccuped to try and stop myself from crying. I always seem to be crying. "No, of course not. But I'm still really sorry. I shouldn't have let him drink that much. No, I should have left when you left. This is all my fault, oh my God."

"Ad." Calum sighed heavily. "It's okay. Just, did you like it?"

I paused for a moment to think it over. Luke's lips might have been softer and his lip ring might have been thrilling, but there was no spark between us. He was just supposed to be my flirty best friend and that's all I ever viewed him as. Calum's kisses left me breathless and his touch was firery and just transmitted love.

Calum grimaced, his body visibly stiffening. "So you did, huh? That's fine, whatever, I'm just going to sleep on the couch tonight. Don't follow me."

"Calum!" I shrieked, gripping onto his arm tightly and digging my nails into the skin onto his bicep to stop him from moving any further towards the door. "I didn't like it at all, actually. I just wanted to think it over to make sure. I'm in love with you, Cal. And I only want you to kiss me."

He glimpsed down at me for the first time, with his teeth still clenched together, making his jawline protrude even further. "Promise?"

"I promise," I assured him. "I'm really sorry that I'm such a crappy girlfriend, this is all my fault, I should have stopped him."

"It's not your fault," Calum told me, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into his chest. He rubbed my back in a circular motion while pressing a kiss onto the top of my head, trying to get me to stop sobbing. "Thank you for coming to me and telling me the truth."

"Of course," I mumbled against his body, snuggling my face closer to him. "Thank you for not dumping me again."

He chuckled, backing up from our embrace so he could properly press our lips together. "Alright, well, if you don't mind, I need to go beat the crap out of Luke."

"No, don't," I ordered quickly, letting out a small gasp as I clutched tighter onto his arm. "He was so drunk. He probably doesn't even remember what he did."

"Why are you defending him, Ad? He kissed you! I don't care if he was drunk or not. He got in between our relationship and I'm not okay with that. He's supposed to be my best friend, and best friends don't try to steal the best thing in my life away from me!" Calum screamed in frustration, returning back to pacing around the room like a madman.

"I know, I know, it was wrong for him to do that but he was hammered and wasn't thinking straight and that is my fault for not taking away his drink sooner," I tried to explain and calm him down. "Why don't we go to sleep and you can think things over and if you are still angry with him in the morning then you can do whatever you need to do. But I think this is all going to blow over. I don't think he would intentionally do this to you, and you know deep down that is true."