My Serial Killer

Prompts:
Stalker, serial killer,
panty, saw, crossbow

Genre: romance, thriller, slight gore

Side note: thank you for my friends who gave me the prompts. This was fun :>

•••

"I feel so alive, I finally did it!"

My mind was a total mess. It's a total haywire.

I just did that and it felt so fucking awesome. It makes me feel alive like it always does. The adrenaline pumping through my veins makes me want to run even faster, my legs feel like they're going to fall off or break but I don't care. I DON'T CARE. I am invincible. I run faster than I did before and I steer my way to the local park gates.

And then I trip.

"Oww, fuck!" I scream. I break my fall by  stretching out my arms and landing on the palms of my hands. They bleed as the soft skin scrapes off. The concrete beneath me is rough and filled with sharp stones. They dig into my skin.

The people around me stare at me. I am embarrassed at the attention, but I love it. I wonder if the disguise made its impact?

Then a sudden thought thrusts itself in my brain.

I lower my head and hide a sly smile.

"Please!" I crack my voice. "There's a fire." I point to the building behind me and before anyone could face my way I ran again.

I silently laugh at the previous scene. "That will draw attention," I thought. And pretty soon, more people noticed the burning building nearby.

I stop and stare back at it for a few seconds as to not look suspicious. "Oh no... how horrible." I whispered for a greater effect. Horrible my ass. They're never going to catch me.

I walk with the crowds as I enter the busiest part. As I pass by the large oak tree I remove my blue hoodie, along with that I remove the black wig that I wore in one swift move.

Now I let down my brown hair. It's dyed tips as red as blood. My office uniform and black skirt a complete opposite of my disguise.

The park takes up almost ¼ of the city. It's busy pathways filled with CCTV cameras. Of course I made sure to change behind the oak tree, so I couldn't be spotted. Which was impossible since this isn't my first time. It's more like my fourth one.

I wipe my hands with the jacket as I walk, making sure to hide the stains. The blood doesn't faze me. I bet I fooled everyone when I tripped, they must've thought that the blood was after the fall. And not before it happened.

I sit on a bench by the other side of the park. I take it easy for a moment as the thrill that I had just experienced comes down. Like my highs from my cigarettes.

The area around the bench was less crowded. It was peaceful. Firetruck sirens could be heard on the other side of the park.

I feel for my box of cigarettes in my bag and I grab the lighter too. Smoke trails off the cigarette as I light it. I put it in my mouth and breathe it in. It makes me calm. It makes me think.

"That stalking finally paid off." I murmur. That sly smile that I know oh so very well appears in my mouth as I take another drag off the cig.

I didn't know playing God was this fun. I should've played a long long time ago.

I blow out another puff of smoke. It trails off to my right.

I feel a presence to my left. The wind blows more of the smoke.