“He’s going to die,” Kiana said softly. Sadly. Her face was turned down as she said the words almost afraid to look up at me.

“Then be ready Kiana,” I said back. "If we have to, we’ll get involved. Even if Josiph says otherwise.”

“Do you think it is safe?” she then asked.

I sighed, not even sure. “If this battle goes south as you believe it to be, then it will be the safest moment we’ll have. Josiph will be against it, and we’ll probably end up hearing it after the battle, but it’s the only way to protect him if things goes badly.”

“And the only,” she agreed looking up to me just as she disappeared into thin air and Josiph came back into view again talking as if nothing had happened in the first place.

“—can't have anything happen to you,” Josiph finished saying.

“Nothing will happen.”

Before Josiph could say anything Derek's voice came from the crowd. “Josiph?” he called, “it's almost time.”

“Thank you,” Josiph said facing Derek. “Guess we better get going then.”

“I guess so,” I whispered softly. “Everything will be okay,” I then added before giving Josiph a hug.

“So long as you’re okay then I’ll know everything will okay.” He hugged me back, before placing his gentle lips on my own. We kissed for five seconds before Josiph pulled away, giving me his soft smile. “Don't do anything stupid,” he warned me.

Smiling, I replied. “Never do.”

~~~~~~

I was standing in the front row with only minutes before the fight would start. Kiana stood to my left and down about seven wolves. She stood with her arms crossed over her chest, looking down, probably avoiding watching the fight take place, or catching someone’s attention. To my right stood Derek, he stared blankly at Lucian and Josiph in the center of the field with his arms crossed behind his back, and next to him stood Zach.

Zach wasn't even looking toward Josiph and instead watched Lucian's pack members pace back and forth on the other side of the field. They all seemed really nervous about the events that would take place in the battle, and the outcome after the battle. None even bothered to look at Lucian when he headed to the center of the field and no one watched him now, as he towered over Josiph.

“You ready to die, alpha boy?” I could hear Lucian's booming voice over the sounds of chirping birds in the trees, and the gush of wind that just blew by.

“I don't plan on dying,” Josiph barked looking up at Lucian.

Lucian laughed. “Well you better think again.”

“Tonight's battle takes place between Alpha Josiph of the Belmont Bay pack, and Alpha Lucian of the Moonlight pack.” Derek stepped forward and spoke loudly stopping all conversation echoing from the field. His arms were still layed behind his back as he eyed everyone around him. “The battle is for the claim of the other alpha's pack and all he holds close, and will continue until one alpha falls in battle or retreats. There will only be one winner and just in the case the losing alpha still survives, he must immediately leave his pack and become a rogue. If he’s caught on or around the territory of either pack he will be killed on site.” He looked directly to Josiph and Lucian when he went on speaking, “Do you understand the rules of the alpha fight?”