"SEO CHANGBIN THE LIGHTS ARE SHAKING DOWNSTAIRS — YOU BETTER NOT BE JUMPING IN MY HOUSEHOLD."

Felix sprang back, cursing as he caused another small thud which he prayed would escape the sharp ears of Mrs Seo. The woman was like a ticking time-bomb, always waiting for a chance to explode on Changbin. However she would never show that side to Felix, for she adored the boy nearly as much as her favourite ornaments.

Felix observed as a groan escaped the older, who had heard the same statement hundreds of times, "IT WAS FELIX'S FAULT," he shouted back, both boys sharing a small smile due to knowing Mrs Seo wouldn't buy it for a second.

"DON'T YOU GO AROUND BLAMING OTHERS FOR YOUR OWN MISTAKES," the older mimicked as his mother screamed the words. Changbin shook his head in defeat, "The day you get blamed for something is the day God tells her i've been sent down as an angel in disguise."

"So never," Felix smirked cheekily, tossing a soft ball straight at the older's face before quickly fleeing back onto the bed.

To Changbin, that afternoon ended up being both a blessing of flailing limbs and a curse of an angry mother.

__

It was no suprise that summer, when Seungmin's sister, Minnie, confessed her feelings towards Felix on the hammock in the Kim's backyard.

Practically everyone knew due to Hyunjin's loud-mouth, which had followed its habit of not remaining shut into middle-school, making it more like adressing the elephant in the room than a surprising confession. He supposed it had been her new friends that had convinced her to bring up the situation, for she did seem awfully pale and hesitant for someone who had chosen to address it solely by themselves.

"I...uhm like you..." she blushed, "I have for a long time."

"Oh," was all Felix could muster as a response. He didn't think there was any way he could've prepared, despite the situation having occurred to many in the past.

He knew something was weird the minute Jisung had called him from Seungmin's phone, telling Felix to come over and play the new game they had been speculating for months, all while Seungmin spoke muffled in the background and Felix stared at the bold letters of his latest magazine which claimed that the game wasn't on shelves to purchase for another two weeks.

When he told Changbin his concerns about something being off, the boy became rather stiff, making it apparent there was something everyone knew apart from him.

The unclarity had pissed him off greatly, however now he was in the middle of the situation he didn't exactly blame them — how could you break something so awkward.

Felix stared down at the sweetly wrapped pink candy in his hands. He much preferred the sour ones, but he wouldn't dare mention it. Minnie had gone out of her way to gift them to him as a declaration, although he had a feeling that they were destined to end up in Hyunjin's pig-sized stomach — but she didn't have to know that.

Minnie and Seungmin were as similiar as they were different, both more uptight than they'd like to admit and showcasing the same wide puppy eyes. However unlike Seungmin whose hair was rather straight, bouncy waves ran down Minnie's back, some even curling just above her waist. Both did exceptionally well in school, consistent praise following them where others could only envy. Felix truly felt lucky to have the pair of them as friends.

However thinking about their similarities and differences didn't change that the same fact still lingered in the air above them, ironically heavier now it was out in the open in comparison to when it had been tucked away.

"Since when did you realise... you know?" he prompted, not sure exactly what he wanted to hear — a weak attempt to break the silence.

"Uh... a couple of years," she replied softly while chewing on her lip, "the others didn't exactly keep it a secret either," she stared blankly at the three extra shadows that were spread across the lawn, indicating that the other boys were peaking over the balcony above.