Like the kids they were their attention span wasn't long and the topic was forgotten as soon as the first pillow was thrown and suddenly what was supposed to be a sleepover became a war zone with no mercy.

And like most kids, nobody thought much of the entire conversation  — or Felix's last reaction — apart from Hwang Hyunjin, who gave the younger a careful look, before dismissing it and deciding that Jisung would definitely be his pillow's first target.

Like most, Changbin had two neighbours.

On his left of course was Felix's family, their garden nearly always filled with sounds of joy now they had bought new puppies, the energetic little balls of excitement always darting around the grass, eagerly playing in their new surroundings.

However to his right he also had a peaceful family, who always bought them deserts when they had made extra, tended to their garden every Saturday and who's older son, Kim Woojin, taught Changbin his weekly piano lessons.

Although he had just started that summer, the excitement never stopped and Changbin would immediately began to countdown for the next lesson as soon as one had finished. Music smiled at him with such welcoming and comfort that made Changbin know in his heart that he never wanted to give it up.

That particular Saturday  - and it seemed impossible because he was always smiling - Woojin seemed to be even happier than normal. While usually it was his lips that gave the emotion away, he seemed to be beaming all over, his eyes alight and hands flowing with an ease that screamed that the school tests he had been complaining about recently weren't drawing closer but rather, were being pushed back.

In fact, Changbin was so sure that was the case that when they took a break, he decided to ask. However Woojin laughed, shaking his head, "If only they could be pushed back, my happiness would reach the moon."

"You seem happier than that today," Changbin grinned, "Like your happiness reaches the sun."

"Of course, who wouldn't when they teach a little musical genius like you." Woojin checked his watch before playfully ruffling the younger boy's hair, "C'mon you still have half an hour left."

That time flew fast, for when Changbin was with music he completely forgot that it existed. He couldn't help but pout when he had finished playing the piece they been practising and Woojin softly closed the piano's cover.

"Don't be sad," the older spoke gently, sensing the drop in Changbin's mood, "If I'm free on Tuesday you can come over for a while and practise some more."

"Really hyung?! You're amazing!" Changbin hugged the older boy in gratitude. "I'll be sure to study the notes!"

Changbin was completely serious about his words, and when he got home immediately placed the music sheets Woojin had given him on his desk in order to begin reading them. Realising he had forgotten to open his curtains, the motivated boy eagerly tugged the material back, allowing light to flood the room.

Beaming himself, he stared out the window, glancing down at Woojin's perfectly cared for lawn, "Yes, I'll be sure to study!"

However just as he was about to sit down and do what he had actually promised, Changbin heard the ring of a bike, his eyes following the sound to the sight of a boy waiting on the street just in front of Woojin's house.

No more than a moment later out came his neighbour, and it became clear that his happiness had been excitement for this moment.

Woojin carefully climbed onto the back of the bicycle, hands carefully attaching themselves to the sides of the boy's shirt, both males shyly smiling in a way that only Changbin could see.

To anybody else, it would've seemed like the normal beginning of a hangout — a friend picking up their friend in order to travel to their destination.

However as Changbin watched them cycle away, sun smiling down, he knew that it was something much much more.

____
notes
fact about me being 10: I got into my first serious friendship drama with my then best friend, who five years later I now sit next to in art class (we laugh about how dumb it was lol)

honestly that entire year was shitty considering I got bullied, our teacher couldn't control our class and I was a pretty anxious annoying freaking kid in general. I'm so glad I'm much better with dealing with my emotions now (I used to be such a crybaby).

comment something you remember from being 10 — good or bad

thank you once again for reading, I hope you all have a wonderful day ♥️