He was still a good distance away from the daunting rules of middle school all while being old enough to finally experience the exhilaration of the freedom that came along with being trusted with pocket money and the occasional sleepover at a friend's other than Changbin's.

That particular night they were laying around in Seungmin's room, it's usual tidiness had vanished, replaced by the chaotic mess of young boys that was sure to still be found months later with the amount of nerf darts and snack wrappers scattered everywhere — not to mention the bedsheets which were terribly creased from where Hyunjin had dived straight onto them.

Unlucky for her, Seungmin's twin sister had accidentally walked into the chaos, blushing heavily upon realising that Jisung's torso was exposed, shirt laying all the way across the other side of the room from where his air guitar was moulded by his hands.

And although Felix was sitting casually on the armchair next to Seungmin's bookshelf which was filled —in his eyes — with the most boring books of the century, when she had spotted him her cheeks only seemed to redden further.

"She didn't even glance at me," Hyunjin pouted, falling back onto the bed and causing Jisung to lose his balance, the poor boy toppling onto Seungmin who had been sitting down trying to read his novel in peace.

"Yuck, stop liking my sister that's like having a crush on me." Seungmin shuddered, sticking his tongue out in disguist, "Don't forget you made her cry because you said she looked like a scarecrow on Halloween."

"It was Halloween! You're supposed to look ugly!"

"And yet you look ugly everyday."

"That's not true," The tall boy retorted defensively, "I'm going to get a girlfriend before any of you."

"If you're talking about my sister you'll die before you get there," Seungmin glared, "Besides I think she has a thing for Felix."

The boy who had been smiling at the previous bickering suddenly stopped once he realised he was now part of the conversation, his cheeks feeling hot, "W-wait what?"

Seungmin scoffed, "And I thought at least one of my friends has a brain cell."

"I feel you," Jisung sighed before his face scrunched up in confusion "Wait there's still two of u—"

Seungmin cut him off, "Seriously it's gross but true. She won't stop asking about you — like the other day after you left she wouldn't shut up about how nice you are compared to me."

"She's not wrong," Hyunjin sulked.

"Oh," was all Felix managed to say. The idea was quite overwhelming considering it was the first time he had to deal with someone liking him and he wasn't sure exactly how to. Seungmin's sister, just like her brother, was a wonderful friend. Sure they both were a little bossy at times, but it was a flaw which made them who they were and oh, Seungmin was right — it would be like dating him.

"She even said that you spend so much time with Changbin people would think you're going out," Seungmin rolled his eyes, "You can clearly tell she's jealous."

Felix looked down, smiling with embarrassment. It was true, he did spend a lot of time with his older friend. Knowing that he shouldn't but unable to help it, a small sense of pride found its way around his heart in knowing that it was Changbin who took up time and that someone was jealous of it.