Lift me up // Fred Weasley

Start from the beginning

As she suspected, it took her 10 minutes to get to the Transfiguration classroom and 20 points were taken from the Hufflepuff house.

"You should know how to manage your time better, Ms L/N", McGonagall scolded her when she finally arrived to class, "It's your fifth year at Hogwarts, tardiness is not accepted as easily anymore."

As if her day wasn't awful enough. Well, at least none of her pupils blamed her for the lost points.

"Anyone could easily get lost in this maze of a school", Cedric Diggory, a fine young lad in Y/N's grade, said as he patted her comfortingly on her shoulder. She could only manage a small smile back at him, his words barely making her feel better.

The rest of the day wasn't much different. A bland, boring, all together disappointing collection of events. The same as every day.

And like every other day, the only good thing was spending time with her friends after classes. Today they decided to hang out at the quidditch pitch. Y/N quietly trotted over to the pitch, knowing that her friends were already waiting for her there.

Nearing their meet-up place, Y/N could their roaring laughter, which brought a small smile on her face.

"Y/N!" she heard Fred yell, recognizing his voice immediately, "Nice of you to show up, aye?" he joked as he jogged up to her.

"Yeah, yea-" she got out of her mouth before Fred scooped her up on his shoulder, accompanied by Y/N's screams, "Fred Weasley, let me down this instant or you're going to break yourself", she giggled and playfully hit Fred on his back.

"Pish, posh", Fred chuckled and set her down amongst the others, "the only way I'm going to break is with you abusing me all the time."

Y/N brushed her skirt and robes straight and gave Fred a look, no words necessary. Not to drag out their locked gaze, Y/N turned to greet the others. George, Harry, Ron, and Hermione were all smirking at her with a hint of kindness among the teasing looks.

"Sit down," Hermione offered her, "we're going to be here for a while."

Y/N sat down between Fred and George and proceeded to pull out her homework, but Fred stopped her.

"No, no, no, darling," he said, "we're not here to do homework."

A 'what' escaped her mouth as she looked a Hermione with a questioning look. She merely chuckled and nodded her head. This seemed odd to Y/N, as they exclusively met up together with this specific group to do homework together. The boys won't do their homework if Y/N and Hermione don't help them from time to time.

"But... why?" she asked, this chance of her daily rhythm setting anxiety in her chest, which gladly no one seemed to notice.

But Fred did take notice of her sudden and slight chance of behavior. It would be weird of him not to, she was his best friend after all. He noticed her whole being changing when she first declined breakfast right up to this moment. Every single small change in her, he noticed.

"Well," George started, "you've seemed really stressed lately, so we thought that we could just take it easy today."

A hymn of approving noises spread amongst the group. Y/N felt like laughing and smiling with them, but it took her all her might not to cry. This sudden act of kindness that showed her that her friends notice things - even if not correctly - and want her to feel comfortable took her by surprise. And after a long time, Y/N was bombarded by emotion.

"Okay", she managed to say without crying, "that's fine. We can do that."

And so they spent the next couple of hours just laying around; talking, laughing and in silence. The whole time Y/N forgot all her troubles and worries for a while. She forgot how she hadn't eaten for a while, forgot how sad she was waking up that morning. Everything felt fine.