Lift me up // Fred Weasley

Fred Weasley x reader

Summary: reader has anxiety and depression and is slowly going even more downhill mentally. Fred takes notice of this and confronts the reader.

Word count: 2404

Warnings:  anxiety, depression, mentions of self harm and eating disorders - if you're easily disturbed or effected by these things, please refrain from reading this!

----- • -----

Y/N had to force herself to open her eyes, feeling like someone had glued them shut. The light seeping from behind the curtains behind her headboard hit her eyes, a light that would've made her more chirpy, make her be glad that a new morning has begun, but nowadays that bright light battling its way through the curtains makes her regret waking up.

Silently she climbed out of bed, taking notice of the other beds, which were all empty. She noted the grandfather clock at the end of the room, which showed that it was already eight thirty. 

Thirty minutes and breakfast would be over.

She pondered whether she should go and eat. Would she need to eat? She could easily survive the whole day without breakfast, right?

Right.

But she did want to talk to her Hufflepuff friends at least once today. So with that, she heaved herself up from her bed and dressed in her robe. A robe that to her felt uncomfortable and foreign, despite wearing the same robe for five years now. On the other hand, she felt happy that it was a tad too big for her. That way she doesn't have to look at herself to make sure that she doesn't look fat. To look at herself to make sure that the clothes aren't too tight.

Then she grabbed her bag, which contained all the things she would need today.

With heavy steps, she trotted down the short hallway that leads to the Hufflepuff common room. She could smell the sweet scent of freshly baked cookies that one of her fellow pupils from the Hufflepuff house had baked. It wasn't unusual for someone to bake something for everyone.

Y/N saw the huge tray of cookies on the middle of the room on a table with a note next to it that read 'take as many as you want'. Y/N stared at the pile of cookies longer than she'd like and after a second she quickly turned away from it and left the common room.

The cold hallways of Hogwarts didn't feel as cold as they used to. The stone walls looked plain and boring, not mysterious and interesting as they used to. Her footsteps echoed in the silent hallway and in her mind.

Nothing felt like anything to her anymore. This place that she liked to call home didn't feel like home anymore. At first, she thought that because she already has spent five years in that same place it would naturally become more boring.

That wasn't the case.

But she wasn't ready to come to terms with her feelings.

Y/N pushed open the doors to the Great Hall. As she stepped inside, she eyed the tables. There weren't that many people there anymore. Everyone had already eaten and were probably getting ready for their classes. There were only a few people left.

Her friends weren't amongst those people. Y/N sighed heavily and left the Great Hall. Now she didn't have to eat breakfast at all.

And with that, she heard the 9 o' clock bell ring. Y/N cursed, realizing that if she didn't hurry she would be late. So she took off running, praying that McGonagall would go easy on her.