nine

SMILING AS HE LOOKED DOWN AT THE WOMAN BELOW HIM, LIAM KEPT HIS WEIGHT ON ONE ARM AS THE OTHER GENTLY CUPPED HER FACE

SMILING AS HE LOOKED DOWN AT THE WOMAN BELOW HIM, LIAM KEPT HIS WEIGHT ON ONE ARM AS THE OTHER GENTLY CUPPED HER FACE. Liam watched as Daisy moved her head to kiss the palm of his hand, and the man smirked before slowly dropping to his side, the sheets doing what they can to provide warmth to their bare bodies. "Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" Liam questioned softly, his voice low as Daisy moved to her side so she could look at Liam. Her hand traced random patterns on his chest, and his larger hand caught her small one and placed a gentle kiss on her fingertips.

"I believe you have once or twice," Daisy teased, her voice just as soft as his as she moved close to his side. Liam turned to his side as she got nearer, their noses almost touching at how close they were. "But, I think you may need to remind me," she added, causing a light chuckle to escape from the man.

He then moved one hand to once side of Daisy so that his hands had locked her in place, her body falling against the mattress and Liam placed a kiss on her nose. "You. Are. So damn. Gorgeous," he spoke, pausing every now and again to place a kiss on her face, purposely missing her lips.

With a soft giggle, Daisy wrapped her hands around to the back of his neck, playing with the hair on the back of his neck and pulling him down for a kiss.

"Liam!"

Sadly, his dream was interrupted by a loud Tristan calling his name. Liam's tired eyes surveyed the highway in front of them, empty but still a little busy. Damn...it was all just a dream. "Dude, you were almost moaning in your sleep and you've been drooling all over yourself for almost fifteen minutes, what the hell were you dreaming about?"

"It's not important," he bit back, using the sleeve of his shirt to wipe the drool from his mouth and chin. Jesus, Liam really did drool a lot.

"Just because it's not important doesn't mean that I don't want to know," Tristan argued, glancing between his friend and the road, "were you dreaming about Dwayne Johnson or Katy Perry? You know, I used to have this reoccurring dream of me and Paris Hilton all the time. We were driving somewhere, and she'd ask me to pull over, and then we'd start–,"

"Tristan, you're my friend so I'm going to say this as nicely as I can...I really don't want to hear about your sex dreams with Paris Hilton. If you tell me, I will throw up all over you and this car," Liam snapped, Tristan widening his eyes a bit before focusing back on the road. How did they even get to this conversation? And why did Tristan ask if he was dreaming about Dwayne Johnson?

The silence followed in the car as the soft beat of a Michael Jackson song echoed in the vehicle. This took an awkward turn...one hell of an awkward turn. "So, what have you been doing since leaving SHIELD?" Liam decided to ask, Tristan scoffing as if that was an obvious question.

"Did it look like I had a job?" Tristan questioned. "I've been living with my brother and trying to pull my life together, didn't know how much I needed SHIELD until it collapsed."

"Yeah, I know the feeling. I couldn't find a decent job," Liam ran a hand through his hair, folding his hands anxiously in his lap as the awkward silence once again fell among the two men. "Tristan...I wanted to apologize for the lack of contact we have had."

Another silence fell over them, and suddenly Liam was worried that he had said the wrong thing. If there was a chance of their friendship reviving, did he just ruin it? "Contact goes both ways, Liam," Tristan ended up saying, a quiet and relieved sigh following from Liam. "I'm...feeling deep regret that I failed to stay in contact with you."

"Do you mean that you're sorry?" Liam questioned for clarification, scoffing as Tristan nodded. "Is it that hard for you to admit you're sorry?"

"I never say those words...never have and I never will," Tristan snapped, causing Liam to laugh a little bit before turning his focus back to the dark world in front of them.

~•~

About an hour later, they were finally at their destination. Sebastian and Maia had been sharing an apartment, and Sebastian had been keeping in contact with Fitz every now and again, making it easy to find them. At least they won't have to drive across the country to find them. Tristan finally pulled into the parking lot of the apartment complex, Liam stepping out and stretching while looking back at Tristan. They exchanged a short nod, hiding the guns in the back of their pants and covering them with their shirts and jackets before making their way up the building.

It took them a few flights of stairs, but between the panting of their breaths and the poor lighting of the halls, the duo stopped in front of the designated door. 18E, that's the one. The scarlet paint on the door was chipping away, revealing the bright wood underneath, and the metal room number on top the door was extremely rusted...this place looked awful. The boys gave each other a look, Tristan nodding as Liam knocked loudly on the door. He didn't mean to disrupt any of the neighbors who may be sleeping, but this was much more important. After a few seconds, Liam returned a look to his friend. And in reply, Tristan rolled his eyes before pounding on the door in turn.

Waiting a few seconds, Liam frowned as Tristan kneeled to the ground and began examining the lock on the apartment door. "Tristan, what the hell?" Liam angrily whispered, glaring at his partner.

"Getting us in there, what does it look like?" Tristan angrily whispered, rushing to rise to his feet as the doorknob jiggled. Within seconds, the door whipped open, revealing a tired Sebastian on the other side.

Liam gave Tristan a nervous expression, and in a few seconds of looking at Sebastian and waiting for him to say something, they watched they friend's face light up in realization. "Holy shit! You two are here, oh my God! Maia! Wake up!"