five

LIAM HAD BEEN DREADING THIS DAY SINCE PHIL AND JEMMA LEFT FOR THE STRANGE PROJECT WITH FURY

LIAM HAD BEEN DREADING THIS DAY SINCE PHIL AND JEMMA LEFT FOR THE STRANGE PROJECT WITH FURY. He understood why Phil assigned him to keep an eye on May, it's because they are like fire and ice, they would be getting things straight to the point rather than goofing off or slacking if they were close friends. Then again, just because Liam understands Phil's logic doesn't mean he has to like it. The morning began like it usually did; a morning jog and a shower before finding some breakfast to eat. It was a quick 30 minute jog, roughly ten minutes in the shower, and he was getting breakfast by 8:30. He saw Fitz sitting with, who Liam recently learned was, Mack, and Daisy was making her way to a table. What did he do? He grabbed a plate of bacon, some cereal and a pancake before joining her for breakfast. "Is this seat taken?" Liam joked, pointing to the empty seat across from her.

Watching her look up from her plate, Liam smirked as she seemed to grow a thoughtful expression before quickly nodding her head. "Yep, sorry. This seat is reserved for a very special friend," Daisy answered.

"Well, I hope your friend doesn't mind, but I am going to take their spot," Liam takes a seat in the metal chair, setting his breakfast down before looking at Daisy as she smiled while shaking her head. "You're not having much for breakfast, this is new," he gestured to the bowl of cereal and small plate of bacon in front of her.

Glancing down at her plate, Daisy looked at it confused before widening her eyes at his breakfast and gesturing to it with her hand in an astounded state. "Well, you pretty much have all the bacon in the world on your plate, and you wonder why I didn't take as much," she retorted, raising an eyebrow as she took a bite from her cereal.

She wasn't wrong, though. The amount of bacon on his plate was insane, but he couldn't help himself. If he had to pick between any other food and bacon, he would pick the bacon without hesitation. Plus, considering the environment Liam grew up in, it wasn't surprising he had so much. Between himself, his sister, and his parents, it was always a battle for food growing up. "What can I say? I love bacon. Plus, growing up, I practically had to fight for food in the morning with my dad and Saige. This is just instincts."

Shaking her head, Daisy sighed heavily and said, "You are impossible sometimes."

"I'll take that as a compliment," the agent replied, smirking as he ate one of his many pieces of bacon.

Looking at Daisy, he could tell something was off with her. The way she was staring at her breakfast, eyes unfocused as if she was deep in thought, she was definitely distracted. "Hey," she said suddenly as Liam began to eat his own cereal, "do you think Coulson and Simmons are okay?"

Did he think they were okay...good question. If it was just Jemma alone, he would be spotty on the answer. But, she was with Phil, plus they were going to be working with Fury, what could go wrong? "I think they'll be fine, Daisy. Jemma is with Coulson, she's as safe as can be with him at her side."