02. An Old Friend

Start from the beginning

"...No. What we need is a distraction." Said Lance. As if on cue, explosions were heard a distance away from the crash site. Everyone screamed, startled from the loud noise.

"is that the aliens? Are-- they-- is that the aliens? Are they here? They got here so quick!" Hunk cried, starting to panic.

"No, those were a distraction, for him," Pidge said while pointing to someone on a hoverbike. "The Garrison's headed toward the blast, and he's sneaking in from the other side."

Lance grabbed the binoculars again. "No way! Oh, he is not going to beat us in there! That guy is always trying to one-up me!" He exclaimed before running down the slope.

"Who is it?" Hunk questioned.

"Keith!"

"Wait, as in Keith Kogane?" [Y/N] stood up, struggling to contain her excited grin.

"Are you sure?" Hunk asked and began to run after Lance. [Y/N] immediately followed.

"Oh, I'd recognize that mullet anywhere!"

"Who's Keith?" Pidge asked, being left in the dark about who Keith was. She quickly followed after.

The four slid down the slope, dashing towards the tent. Once they got there, Keith had Shiro's arm wrapped around his shoulders.

"Nope. No, you-- No, no, no. No, you don't. I'm saving Shiro." Lance stepped forward and wrapped Shiro's other arm around his shoulders.

"Who are you?" Keith asked.

"Who am I? Uh, the names Lance," He blinked a few times as Keith just stared blankly at him. "We were in the same class in the Garrison."

"Really? Are you an engineer?"

"No, I'm a pilot! We were, like, rivals. You know, Lance and Keith, neck and neck."

"Oh, wait, I remember you. You're a cargo pilot."

"Well, not anymore. I'm fighter class now, thanks to you washing out." Lance stated proudly.

"Well, congratulations." Keith replied in a monotone voice.

"Okay, as much as I'd like to stay and chat, we got to go or we're all in big trouble." [Y/N] spoke up. Keith looked her way and his eyes lit up.

"[Y/N]? What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I'd ask the same thing, but we can talk about this later. Come on."

They all exited the tent and headed towards Keith's hoverbike. Keith hopped on, along with Lance and Shiro.

"Hop on." He turned to look at [Y/N] and held out his hand, to which she grabbed. He pulled her up behind her.

"Uh, do you mind if we catch a ride with you?" Hunk asked, but he climbed on anyways. From his weight adding to the vehicle, it caused the bike to tilt back.

[Y/N] squeaked and instinctively wrapped her arms around Keith's torso, to which he tensed up slightly at the action.

"Is this thing going to be big enough for all of us?" Pidge questioned.

"No." Keith stated. Garrison vehicles then caught their attention. He then made the bike spin around and speed away from them.

"Why am I holding this guy?" Pidge asked, who had Shiro leaned against her.

"Hey, we did all fit." Hunk said.

After realizing she was still holding onto Keith's waist, [Y/N] quickly let go, letting her hands grab onto the sides of the seat.

"Can't this thing go any faster?" Lance asked after he looked back at the following vehicles.

"We could toss some non-essential weight."

"Oh, right!" He glanced around, clearly not getting Keith's sarcasm. "Okay, I get it. That was an insult."

"Big man, lean left!" Keith shouted, and Hunk did as told. They lost a few Garrison vehicles in the process.

"Aw, man! Mr. Harris just wiped out Professor Montgomery!" Hunk exclaimed. "No, no. He's fine."

"Big man, lean right!"

Everyone yelled again as they were leaned in that direction, landing on the side of a cliff.

"Guys?" Hunk stammered. "I-Is that a cliff up ahead?"

Everyone began to protest, while [Y/N] just flung her arms around Keith again out of fear. This time, he didn't react to it.

"Yup." He smirked and leaned forward, causing the bike to speed up. They then flew off the cliff with everyone screaming. [Y/N]'s [H/C] hair whipped at her face [A/N: If you have long enough hair for that to happen--] as they fell.

Her grip tightened on Keith's waist and she buried her face into his back, not daring to look up as she felt sick to her stomach. She was never a fan of heights, and Keith knew that.

"Everything will be fine." She heard him reassure her quietly. She felt a bit more safe, but she still clung to him.

"What are you doing? You're going to kill us all!" Lance shouted over the wind.

"Shut up and trust me!"

[Y/N] then released her breath that she was holding, relieved that they were now safely gliding over the ground. She then sat up straighter and punched Keith in the back lightly. "I swear to God, if you ever do that again I'm gonna kill you." She threatened.

He laughed. "I missed you too."

A slight pink tinted her cheeks as she relaxed, resting her forehead against his back as she sighed softly. Her arms were loosely wrapped around his waist. Her eyes fluttered closed, soon taking a nap for the rest of the way.

─ ─ ─ ─

[Y/N] groaned as she felt someone nudge her awake. Reluctantly, she opened her [E/C] eyes and saw that Keith was nudging her.

"Come on, we're here." He said, helping her off the bike.

She yawned tiredly and rubbed her eyes. As she looked around, she noticed it was just them that were outside. The rest must be inside the house that was here. Then, without really thinking, she tackled Keith in a tight hug. Slowly, he returned it.

"Ever since you left the Garrison, it's been a bit lonely. I mean, I do have Lance, Hunk and Pidge, but it was better when you were there." She murmured into his shoulder.

"Well, you can't get rid of me forever. Even if I was gone for a few months." He pulled away and flicked her forehead lightly.

She chuckled. "True that."

"Come on, we should head inside."

She nodded and they both headed towards the small house. [Y/N] was glad she was able to see Keith again. He is one of her closest friends, and she didn't want to ruin that.

─ ─ ─ ─

I feel like I wrote this chapter a bit crappy, but I'm too lazy to rewrite it at the moment. So... The next chapter should be out tomorrow or something, Idk.

Well, bye.

~Vix