Hana narrowed her eyes, "Wait, why?"

Kagami hummed in response, patting her head. "You'll understand when you get a bit older, Hana. Until then—" He gave her a two-finger salute before he shunshinned away.

Hana turned back to Hiro, feeling awkwardness permeate the air. She suddenly seemed to notice a whole bunch of details about him from how unkept his red hair was to the spray of freckles on his nose. "Paint a picture, it lasts longer," Hiro said blandly as Hana snapped herself from that strange feeling.

She felt her cheeks burn and felt the foreign sensation of embarrassment. "Sorry."

Hiro arched one eyebrow. "Are you feeling alright?" He asked, "you aren't usually the apologetic type."

"You're right. I'm not sorry," Hana said peevishly, "I'm very not sorry."

"Uh-huh."

"Shouldn't you get back to your medical nin duties?" Hana asked hurriedly.

"I was going to, but you are blocking the hall," he muttered.

Hana looked around to see that he was right. "Why not walk around me?"

"Why not move so I don't expend extra energy that should be spent on medical nin duties?" He shot back.

Hana bit back a sharp comment as she stepped aside for him until she was pressed against the wall. "Is this enough for your comfort?" A hint of sarcasm followed that question and for a moment, Hana could almost fool herself that Hiro was fighting back a smile.

"Uchihas and their pride," he rolled his eyes, though not out of derision as he stepped past her, "it will kill you one day."

Hana hummed in response as the red-haired medical nin passed her. Once again, she walked down the hall until she reached the door and stepped outside. 

The day was warm and the sky was a brilliant blue with scattered white clouds. Children played around, kicking a ball into the air while shinobi watched them affectionately. Hana dreaded going back home, having to face her uncle after their last talk. 

Her brow furrowed in confusion. Not once did he talk of politics to her, but that day, he was intent on scaring her. Why? Did he think she would back away for good? He would have almost succeeded if it hadn't been for Hiro knocking the sense back into her. 

On her way, she met Hiruzen, who's face immediately brightened upon seeing her. "Hana!" he said happily, "you're well again?" 

"Something like that," Hana replied, "my shoulder is still sore but nothing to worry about. Are you going to the training field?" 

"Yeah," Hiruzen rubbed the back of his head, "Tobirama-sensei has been teaching us loads." 

Hana felt a corner of her heart drop into her stomach. "Oh," she said, trying not to sound too disappointed, "what did he--" 

"You will catch up," a voice said from behind her. 

Hana turned to see Homura, his arms folded and his eyes staring at her. "Hi, Homura," Hana said cheerfully, "how's--" 

"Don't do that again." 

Hana blinked. 

"What?"