11. Usagi Tsukino - Princess and Guardian

Screams filled the air as destruction reigned and birthed fire and death, coating the once white crescent ground into red with bodies littering the ground. Among the chaos, the four guardians stood in front of the Moon Kingdom, fighting off Queen Beryl/Queen Metallia and her army while inside the newest sailor guardian was inside the palace, searching for mother and sister.

“Serenity! Serenity!” She called, her heels echoing against the floor. Her pale skin becoming paler by the minute as fear and panic set in. Her once neat blonde twin tails were becoming a matted mess. Her once peaceful and happy bright blue eyes were now replaced with fear and panic. “Serenity! Serenity!”

The newest guardian fell to the ground, a mass on top of her. She started crying and failing her arms, but stopped feeling a familiar touch. She opened her eyes and cried in happiness, wrapping her arms around the figure. “Mom! Oh Mom!”

Queen Serenity held her youngest daughter and comforted her. “It’s ok, sweetie.” She consoled then pulled her out to arm’s length. “I know you’re scared right now, Serena, but I need you to be strong and be the Sailor Guardian you can be.” She stated before looking around and looked back at her, the fear and panic setting in her matching eyes. “Where’s your sister?”

“I-I…” Serena stuttered. “I don’t know. I was looking for her until you bumped into me, mom.” She explained.

Queen Serenity gulped and stood up. “You continue looking for your sister and protect her while I go help protect the people.” She ordered and looked down at her daughter. “Understand, Sailor Moon?”

Sailor Moon sat there and slowly nodded her head. Queen Serenity smiled softly and ran off. Sailor Moon watched her mother disappear and got up then ran off in search of her sister.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Serena sat up, gasping for air with sweat running down her face. She looked down and noticed that she was no longer in her sailor uniform nor in her princess gown. She looked down in her hand and saw she still had her brooch.

“I’m glad to see that you weren’t too badly harmed, Sailor Moon.” A male voice stated, making the young girl jump. “You know you remind me of Queen Serenity.”

Serena growled under her breath and looked towards the door, her grip on her brooch tightening as she saw Prince Diamond. “Why?” She questioned, making him look at her in confusion. “Why are you doing this?”

Prince Diamond smirked and chuckled under his breath. “Hm…why am I doing this?” He mocked, making her growl more. “At first, I was doing this for power by gaining the Silver Crystal. It changed though when I saw Queen Serenity.” He sighed, lovingly. “I had never seen such beauty and grace and the way she put her people before herself made me realize she was the woman for me. I wanted to make her my queen.” He smirked and walked up to Serena, pinning her against the wall.

“You’re sick!” Serena shouted, causing Prince Diamond be taken back. “How could you think that making the woman you ‘love’ going to a crystalized state is showing any kind of love?”

Prince Diamond smirked and leaned in closer to Serena. “I knew it. I knew you were Queen Serenity, meaning that I’m going to be making you my queen since I got the Silver Crystal.” Before she could say anything, he pressed his lips against her’s, kissing her. As soon as he pulled away, she slapped him.

“You monster.”
Prince Diamond smirked and left the room. Serena clutched the brooch close to her chest and slide to the floor, crying.
--------------------------------------------------------------
“Usagi. Usagi. Wake up.” She felt a gentle touch on her shoulder, making her eyes shoot open to see only a pair of familiar ruby eyes.

“Sakura!” Usagi cried, wrapping her arms around the twin’s neck, hugging her. Sakura consoled her twin. “I’m sorry! I’m so sorry! I failed you! I failed you and the others!”

“Usagi.” Sakura stated, causing her twin to look at her with tears in her eyes. She smiled softly and wiped her tears away. “It’s ok. Right now, we need to get back to the palace and formulate a plan with everyone, alright?”

Usagi nodded her head and cleaned her tears away. As soon as the tears were wiped away, she fully took in her twin’s new found appearance. “S-Sakura. What are you wearing?”

“Definite proof that King Endymion was right in saying that Sakura is Princess Serenity.” Sailor Venus said, kneeling down next to Sakura. Venus watched as Usagi’s forehead illuminated lightly, revealing the matching yellow crescent birth mark on her forehead. “I guess you are still a member of the royal Moon family, making you Princess Serena.” She bowed with the other guardians bowing as well.

“Um, Serena?” Sailor Mars asked, causing the younger princess to look at her. “D-do you still have the Silver Crystal by any chance?”

The younger princess held her head down, causing Sailor Mars to sigh. Sakura rubbed her shoulders. “Again, it’s not your fault. We need to stick to the plan.”

“I hate to go against you, Princess Serenity, but if we leave without the Silver Crystal, we have not even a single chance against the Dark Kingdom.” Sailor Mercury stated timidly. “Sailor Moon’s power originates from the Silver Crystal.”

Princess Serenity growled and looked at Sailor Mercury. “I understand, but it would be better to stick to the plan. Trust me.” She stated with a sense of authority.

The girls sensed an aurora of authority radiate from their oldest princess and kneeled before her, including the youngest princess. “Yes, Princess Serenity.”