8. Sailor S - Battle Lost

Sailor S now stood, holding Chibiusa against her hip, with the others as King Endymion finished explaining what happened to Neo – Tokyo and its aftermath.

“So the Black Moon are the new foes looking to take the Silver Crystal for itself?” Sailor S and King Endymion nodded his head.

“And their target is Chibiusa from what we’ve encountered back in our time from the day she got there.” Sailor Mars stated.

“Wait. If they are from this time and followed her to our time, do you think-” Sailor S and the others cut her off as the palace started to violently shake.

King Endymion looked in horror and growled in anger. “Black Moon.” He growled before running back outside.

The guardians ran after King Endymion, leaving Sailor S behind with a sleeping Chibiusa. She looked down at the sleeping child with a soft smile before gently setting her down, next to Neo – Queen Serenity’s tomb. She laid a gentle kiss on Chibiusa’s forehead before rushing outside to the others.

Once outside, Sailor S saw six figures. Four were female and two males. The females wore the same individual colors as their friends. One of the males resembled Tuxedo Mask and King Endymion, causing Sailor S to think.
‘He looks almost like Tuxedo Mask and King Endymion. Is he perhaps them, but in a different time or…’ Sailor S thought, shaking the other possibility out of her mind. ‘No. That couldn’t be a possibility. If so, Chibiusa would have mentioned or King Endymion.’ She thought, before turning her attention to the man in center.

He wore all white like King Endymion. He had white hair that reached his shoulders. He had purple eyes. He shared two things in common with the others in his group, the black crescent moon on his head and the black earrings.

Sailor S felt her skin crawl as the man with the white hair stared back and forth between her and Sailor Moon.
“So there is two of you.” He concluded. “How fun. Going to make my job much harder to figure out which of you is the holder of the Silver Crystal and Neo – Queen Serenity.” He taunted. This caused the guardians to get into an attack stance in front of Sailor Moon.

The man saw this and smirked. “Never mind. Your actions have told me clear enough who it is.” With that, he snapped his fingers and the females ran towards the guardians, starting to attack them.

“Sailor S! Sailor Moon! Get back in the palace now! The shields should still be working!” King Endymion shouted, heading back inside.

Sailor Moon followed while Sailor S stood her ground. Sailor Moon looked behind her and stopped, seeing her twin not following her. “Sailor S! Come on!” She shouted, but felt her blood run cold as her twin looked at her.

Her ruby red eyes were now glowing with a rim of gold around them. “No. You need to go and stay safe along with the Silver Crystal. Neo-Tokyo and Chibiusa would be nothing if you are safe.” Sailor S explained and then smiled. “Besides, it’s my job as your older sister to protect you, sailor guardian or not.” With that, she shoved Sailor Moon inside and ran into battle, bow in hand.

Sailor Moon watched her sister’s figure disappear as the doors slowly closed. Once the doors closed, Sailor Moon dropped to her knees, opening her brooch and holding the weakened Silver Crystal in her hands as tears ran down her face.

‘You’re finally wrong, Sakura. You’re wrong. I’m not meant to be protected. I’m not Princess Serenity. I’m not Neo – Queen Serenity. I’m not future ruler of Neo – Tokyo. I’m not Chibiusa’s mother. I’m not the rightful holder of the Silver Crystal. It’s you. You maybe my older sister, but it’s my duty as a sailor guardian to protect not only the Silver Crystal, but you as well.’ With that, Sailor Moon got up and put the Silver Crystal back in her brooch then opened the doors, Moon Rod materializing her hands.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Sailor S rapidly loaded and fired her infinite supply of arrows into her bow as she fought with the man who resembled Tuxedo Mask. She growled in anger as he kept flawlessly dodging her arrows with a permanent smirk on his face. ‘He’s too fast. There’s no way I can hit him.”

“I would just give up if I were you.” Her opponent taunted, causing Sailor S to look at him with eyes glowing brighter. “All of your friends have been captured by my brother and I’s subordinates. So just give up and hand Sailor Moon over to us, then maybe we’ll let you and the others go.”

Sailor S put her head down, letting her bangs cover her eyes as she lowered her bow. She heard her opponent scuff before she smirked quickly brought her bow back up and threw her head up, showing her eyes glowing bright with more red than gold. “And let this become the future?! I don’t think so!” She cried as she held the string of the quiver tighter and farther back, causing her fingers to bleed. Her arrow grew longer and shined brightly like a shooting star. She smirked as her opponent started to shake in fear.

“Sailor S! Look out behind you!” A faint voice cried. Sailor S’s eyes widened hearing the voice and turned her head to the side, seeing Sailor Moon running towards her.

“Sailor Moon! What are you-” Sailor S was cut off as she struck in the head with an object, causing her to fall to the ground and slowly lose conciseness.

“S-Sailor M-moon.” She called weakly.

“Sailor S! SAILOR S!” Sailor Moon cried before getting into a battle stance of her own.

Sailor S weakly saw a pair of white shoes and pants in front of her.

“Sapphire.” The man called to her opponent. “Take Sailor S to join the rest of her guardian friends.” He order before Sailor S finally lost conciseness.