Chapter 9

I was sat at the back of the library reading different books on ancient languages.

There was a few different ones, but none of them matched up to the writing that was written on the blade.

I was about to give up when I found a book hidden right at the bottom of my pile.

The text on the sword read: நல்ல லக் வெல்டர்.

Which... with a lot of difficulty, I learned is "Good Luck Wielder" In Tamil.

Why?

It seems weird to engrave that into a sword hilt.

I sigh giving up.

Maybe this was just a regular sword, I'm not going to argue, I already have an incredible power in being able to wield any Teigu.

~~~~~~

Almost as soon as I left the Library, I was spotted.

"Ah, Y/N!" Tatsu walked over to me and I noticed Lubbock and a cloaked figure behind him.

I put on the defensive until I saw a purple strand of hair fall out of the hood.

"Hey guys, and girl." I winked at Sheele who lowered her head in recognition. "What are you three doing?"

"I'm going to enter a tournament." Tatsu said in a much to excited manner. "The winner gets a hefty amount of gold."

"Sounds like fun." I brushed a hand threw my hair. "I'll come and watch."

~~~~~~

Well, this tournament was basically like a Gladiator arena.

First one to be unable to continue loses.

Simple enough, and the kid was doing well.

I'm surprised.

The final is about to be announced and I can see Esdeath sat on a balcony watching... however she seemed incredibly bored.

Next to her was Wave and Run.

They were acting as her bodyguards... though it didn't seem like she needed any.

From the stories I'd heard there wasn't a stronger fighter in the world.

Thankfully, it didn't seem like she'd noticed me yet. So I was alright to stay where I am.

Lubbock was sat on my right, and Sheele was on the left.

She kept looking at my hand like she wants to hold it though, and she's doing it again.

I grabbed her hand and she let out a light gasp before turning and looking me in the eyes.

"Shh, they're about to be announced." I held my other hand to my lips as the voice shouted out.

~~~~~~

Tatsu didn't look as though he broke a sweat...

However I didn't like the look in Esdeath's eye...

Something bad was going to happen.

She walked down to where Tatsu stood taking in the atmosphere.

I noticed something in Esdeath's hand and I came up with a plan as soon as I could.

"Sheele, get out of here." I said as I stood up. "Lubbock, you too."

I jumped down landing in the arena and drawing lots of attention to myself.

I just had to hope that they'd taken my warning and gotten out.

"General Esdeath, I have reason to believe that Night Raid is present in the arena." I saw Tatsu's eyes widen before I gave him a glare that told him to back down.

"What!" She shouted dropping the collar that she was going to put around Tatsumi's neck.

"I spotted someone that matched the description of Mine from Night Raid." I pointed to the opposite side of the arena. "Shit, they're not there anymore. Guards seal the exits."

Esdeath ran towards where I'd pointed as I saw the guards lower the exits.

Everyone went into a large panic, I did my best along with Wave to calm everyone down.

Until Run came in and started to play his flute, everyone started getting sleepy.

Somehow I managed to keep myself awake, but Tatsu didn't have the same luck.

He was asleep on the floor.

Only four people where still awake in the entire Arena.

Wave, me, Run and Esdeath.

"I'm sorry for ruining the end of the tournament." I put my hand to one of the spectators necks to check their pulse.

"They'll wake up in a few moments and forget what happened." Run said and I finally realised it was his flute that he was hiding at Breakfast.

"It was definitely her, she must have seen me." I let out a tsk in frustration.

"It was good of you to spot her Y/N." Esdeath came back and gave a double take at Tatsu who was sleeping on the floor, albeit in a uncomfortable position. "Give him the prize money, but get me his name. He might be useful in the future."

"Yes General." Wave said as she rushed off.

Groans could be heard from around the stadium and I stood in the middle getting read to address them all.

"I apologise for the abrupt ending to the tournament, thank you all for coming." I picked up Tatsu and started heading to the exit. "I'll take him to Wave."

~~~~~~

I walked back with Tatsu to the base, filling him in on what he forgot due to the sleep.

"So I guess I owe you one." He said as he scratched his head, he'd got a big bag full of gold on his waist and I was slightly jealous.

That was a lot of gold.

I pushed the door open and saw everyone sat around the table.

"Hey." I shouted in and everyone's head turned immediately.

"I have gold!" Tatsu announced and he got a large cheer from everyone...

Though mostly Leone.

I walked over and saw Sheele looking at me with a disappointed look in her eyes.

"Everything okay?" I whispered as I sat next to her.

She didn't say anything, again she kept fiddling with her hands and looking at my own.

"Just do it." I said as I grabbed her hand him mine. "Its not that hard."

She smiled brightly at me, her face tinted a bright red.

"Just do it..." She muttered to herself and I bent down to try and hear her better.

"What-" I never got to finish my sentence before she pushed her lips against mine ignoring everyone else in the room.

~~~~~~

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, I don't really have an excuse.

I just haven't picked up my phone to write.

New story coming soon.

Oblivion, fading out.