~Chapter 4~

I walked down the hill, to give them a chance to get over the fact that they had been found. I didn't however hear the footsteps that were approaching behind me, feeling myself being knocked over I slid down the rest of the hill and groaned before sitting up and bending my knees. *Wow he can hit hard without even trying* I thought to myself as I see what looked to be a huge boulder running away from me. I slowly made my way to my feet. 

I hobbled over towards the house in hopes of being able to talk to whoever I had to about the plan my brother had. "Princess Aslong! Rollo!" I shouted as I came closer to the house, footsteps were heard as everyone came out and looked at me. "Who are you?" I looked over towards the voice and saw Ragnar. "Oh Ragnar, it has been to long." I said and smiled noticing the scathing look that Princess Aslaug threw my way. "Herdis?" He asked slowly

"I am glad to see you still remember me Ragnar, anyway I wish to pledge my loyalty to you and your family. My brother has gotten reckless with his need for power and revenge, there was absolutely no need to take it out on your family for King Horriks determination to steal my brothers land from him. You just happened to be the scape goat my brother wants to blame."  Walking closer I opened my arms towards Ragnar for a hug and he laughed.

"Herdis I am so glad to see you, if you are here that means your siding against your brother though doesn't it?" He asked and I sighed before nodded "Yes Sir, however what he has done is wrong. I would understand him attacking if you were here but to attack your family while you are gone is cowardly and unforgivable." I murmur as I walk into Ragnars hug.

After a minute I pulled away and turned to Alsaug and dropped to one knee with my head down. "My Princess, I must apologise to you for my part in raiding your town. I tried to keep the deaths to a minimum however my brother had other ideas." I raised my head as her hand made contact with my shoulder. 

"You are most forgiven Herdis, It is not your fault" She replied and I smiled before getting back up. "So whats the plan?" I asked turning back to Ragnar.

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N- Hello fellow Vikings, I must apologise it has taken me so long to update, my Bub is teething and I haven't had a great couple of weeks either... I will try harder to make these chapters longer and update at least once a week.... thank you so much for your paitence