Chapter 9

Aspen's POV

As I step out of the shower I hear a knock at the door, I quickly put a towel around my body and another around my hair.

I see Kieran approach the door cautiously with Elsa and Viv close behind, I approach as well.

Ren looks back at me with pain in his eyes, "Who's at the door, Ren?"I say in a calm voice as I try to see over him.

  "Aspen, go get dressed. Please. Seems like I've to introduce the girls to our mother." he doesn't even look at me he is fixated on the mother whom should be dead.

I walk off to get dressed, I grab my shorts and put them on and then my bra, then I slip on Ren's Panic at the disco band tee.

The door flings open just as fast as it slams shut. Elsa jumps on to the bed and into my arms.

"Aspen mommy's dead that isn't her is it?" she says with tear filled eyes.

"Sweetie, Mommy lied to all of you. I'm not sure why but she did." I say she hugs me harder.

The door comes open again and in floods Vivy. She crawls under the bed.

"Viv sweet heart, come here." I hold my hand out and she grabs on to it.

I hear muffled yelling I lay the girls down and hand them my phone and say."Here girls play on this I'll be back." I kiss them on the forehead and walk out.

  "You had to?" Ren's voice raised. "Do you not care? Do you not understand what you put us through by leaving?" He looks at her like she just murdered a puppy. "Get out of my house. We don't need you."  

I grab his tense shoulders gently,  "Please stay. I'm sure that Kieran would like to listen to your story." I say in my fake bitch voice.

She gives me a look of gratitude, I walk around the corner of the couch and sit on Kierans lap.

"Well thank you. What I was trying to tell Ky was, I left for a reason." she looks down.

Kieran is trying to distract me he plays with my hair and whispers, sending shivers down my spine. 

"Don't ignore me, Azzy." Then he starts kissing my neck and rubbing my sides, all as his mom watches. 

I slap his hands and then look at him while biting my lip. What I wouldn't do for it to have been last night.

  "I want to see Vivian and Elsa. Please."  she says and turns her vision towards me.

She is a frail women with pale skin and amber eyes. Her hair is knotted to her head and she has a nasty smell coming from her direction.

"They don't want-" I step in. "Of course. We will go get them." I stand up, not turning around. I know for sure he is pissed at me.

We start to walk to the bedroom and he grabs my wrist. "Aspen, stop."

"I'm sorry, Ren, but you weren't giving her a chance." I look at him trying to figure out what he was thinking.

Our eyes meet and it seems like we stare at each other for hours. "Aspen, do you not get it?" He looks down and grabs his hair. "She lied to us. And now she gets to pay." He said with pain in his voice.

He kisses me gently as I hold his hand and walk him to the room. 

I get down on my knees and grab the girls hands. "Girls your going to meet your mother for the first time."  

I was expecting them to be scared, but Vivi stood up on the bed and wrapped her arms around Kieran, as Elsa did the same to me.

I hug her tight and walk out of the door. "Aspen you will never let bad things happen to us, right?" Elsa says.

"Never, ever baby girl." I say as I kiss her arm. She smiles and giggles.

I put Elsa down and Vivi reaches for me. I grab her from Ren and kiss his neck.

We sit on the couch, Viv clinging to my neck.

"Girls this is your mother. She wanted to meet you." I say calmly as I stand up and put Viv in my spot.

I go to walk around the chair that their mother was sitting in. She grabs me by the hair and slings out a knife.

"So you think your there new mother now, huh!" She holds the knife to my neck and I feel the cold metal against my warm skin.

"Na na No ... I just love them!" I say purely terrified, tears streaming from my eyes.

"LET HER GO NOW!!!" Elsa screams.

"Mom, let her go know or things will get ugly." Kieran says in a cynical voice.

"Elsa come here." She says looking at Vivian.

"THAT IS VIVIAN TO YOU! LET ASPEN GO!!!" She says as she jumps off the couch and over to me.

Kieran flies over to his mother and grabs her. She fights back, the knife still on my throat.

Kieran gets a hold of of her hand as the knife scrapes my throat, then you hear the crunch of a bone. 

"YOU FUCKING BITCH!" Kieran screams, then falls to the floor where I am, a small cut on my neck, nothing fatal.

Vivian grabs the knife and throws it in the trash, then the door comes open.

"Oh my gawd Aspen!"  Chantelle says as she walk through the door. "Call the cops Chan!" Kieran asks.

She gets her phone out and dials the cops, while I lay there in Kierans arms.

Elsa and Vivi join us on the floor. Viv holds out her hand and puts a band aid into mine.

"Thanks Sweetie." I say as I hold her in my arms.

This is all I ever wanted a caring family. They saved me. They love me. I look at Kieran his face emotionless.

''Ren?'' I grab his hand "Its going to be okay." I say looking him in the eye now.

I kiss him and the girls clap with joy. This is all I could ask for a dysfunctional real life, with a functional relationship.

I go still into my own mind, remembering what my mother would force me to do for drug money.

Cal making fun of my frail body after 8 months of barley eating, our step dad, Steve, hitting me and killing my cat, Glam.

Everything will be okay they are at rehab, they will not be back for a long time.

"Azzy is everything okay?" Kieran says as I realize I'm crying, sobbing almost, as the cops knock on the door.

"I'm fine." I say with a fake smile as I walk to the door...