17; Karaoke Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"Alright. Sejeong unnie, you almost done?" I ask, sipping some water.

She whispers something into Sohye's ear before replying,
"Yep, we're ready!"

"Okay. Who's going first?"

"We'll go," I say, standing up with Chaeyeon unnie.

"What song?" Doyeon asks, walking over to the karaoke machine.

"Big Bang sunbaenim's 'FXXK IT'."

"Ooooooh," Somi and Yoojung calls out.

~time skip~

"Whooooooo!" All the other members cheer as we finish our song.

"What's the score, what's the score!" Somi yells.

We all turn to the screen, awaiting our score.

"Ohhhhhh!"

"87! That's good!"

"Nice!" I jump out of excitement, high-fiving Chaeyeon unnie.

"Alright, next!" Yoojung says. "We're going last, called it!"

"Damn it," Sejeong unnie responds, playfully punching Yoojung's shoulder.

"What song did you guys pick?"

"Western Sky!" Sohye replies, picking up the mic.

"Isn't that really high, though?" Somi asks.

"Yeah, Sejeong unnie and Yeonjung sang that at our last Timeslip (name of I.O.I's last concert), didn't they?"

"Well, I'll give it a shot!" Sohye says, fighting spirit overflowing.

"Alright then. Music, CUE!"

~time slip~

"Oohhhhh! Sohye-ah, your range is pretty high?" Doyeon says in awe, clapping.

"Haha... I've been practicing, y'know?" She says, tying her hair up.

"OHHHH!!"

"93!!!!"

"WOAAAAH!"

We all turn to stare at the duo, who are casually sitting down as if they knew they'd do well.

"Woah... 93, that's crazy..." Chaeyeon unnie mumbles.

"Well, we'll beat that score- eaaasily." Somi says, shoving her face into Sejeong unnie's.

"Ayee, get lost." Sejeong unnie responds, pushing Somi back to her seat while laughing.

"What song?" I ask, getting up to go punch it into the machine. "I swear to god, if you say 'Tears'..."

"Tears!"

"Ohhhhhhhhmygod." I slap my forehead.

"Don't mess it up!" Sohye yells out bravely.

~time skip~

( If you want an idea of how they sang 'Tears' by So Chan Hwi, here's a link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TJAWv6F2GMc )

"Oooohhhhhhhh!!!"

"I bet we'll get a higher score than you, Sejeong unnie!" Yoojung says daringly.

"Let's wait and see," she fires back playfully.

We all wait anxiously for Doyeon's team score to come out.

"..."

"HAHAHHAHAHAAAA!" Sejeong unnie laughs, pointing at them.

"What's so funny?" I ask, turning back to the screen.

"WHAT IS THAT?? A 77??"

"HA, WHERE YOU SAYING SOMETHING ABOUT WINNING?" Sohye yells at Somi gleefully.

"Yahh, Somi-ah, do you want to be a singer?" Chaeyeon unnie asks nonchalantly, remembering that infamous line that Bae Yoonjung ssaem asked Sohye during Produce 101.

"Well whatever, karaoke machines can't measure talent." Doyeon shoots back.

"Ooh, salty much?" I say, laughing.

We exit the karaoke place, laughing at the fact that Somi's team got the lowest mark. LOL.

But eventually, the time comes to say goodbye.

"Ahhh, I don't wanna go..." Yoojung says, rubbing her eyes.

"It's okay, we can always text and call each other, right?" Sejeong unnie says, comforting her.

"Unnie, our manager's here," I mumble to Sejeong unnie.

"Oh, okay." She turns to Sohye. "We have to go now, Sohye-ah."

"Ah, okay. Thanks for coming!" She says, forcing a smile. Mina and I take turns hugging her.

"If you're having a hard time with anything, you can always talk to me or someone else, alright?" Sejeong unnie murmurs under her breath before waving a final goodbye and heading out with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: All/most of the members of I.O.I will get their own "character-development segment" in this story, so if your bias hasn't been included as much in the recent chapters, they'll all eventually come out in the upcoming ones. :)

A/N #2: I'm writing this story so that there will be multiple parts. This was Part. 1, which was mainly focused on Kim Sohye. Each upcoming part will include smaller chapters in it, much like the previous chapters, and one member will be the main focus of a part. The next chapter will be the start of a new "part", so the title would say something like
"01 (2); <title>".

A/N #3: I've put a small clue as to who's character dev. segment will be next. I'm aware that I haven't finished Sohye's segment, so hers will collide with the next person. Keep a look out for the next part~! ^^

~End of Part. 1~