04

The principal called me into his office. I get out of the stall that I've been in all day and clean myself up before I go. I enter his office and see three people with their backs turned to me.

"Uh. You wanted to see me Mr. Carpenter?"

"Yes. Genie. Sit down." He sounded unusually happy.

"What's going on Mr. Carpenter Did I do something wrong?"

"No, Genie. Uh, Your parents wanted to see you so I called you in."

"My parents? Mr. Carpenter, I think you made a mistake. My parents are on a vacation."

"Not anymore. Our vacation got cut short because your brother got a sprained ankle." My mother said with her eyes looking at me with disgust.

"Well, Mother. Why isn't he here and you, back at home?" I asked her

"I'm right here Genie." Someone behind me said in a thick Australian accent. I look behind me and see him. The same person who I've missed for 5 years. He wasn't allowed to see me and none of them visited me. I know I shouldn't but I hate my parents for shipping me away.

I hug him as tight as I can until I hear him say he needs air. I'm grinning like an idiot at the moment but I don't care. I must be looking like a five year old on Christmas morning opening my presents.

"Jackson. Your here." I breathe.

"Yeah sis. I am."

"You look... different."

"Five years changes a person. You look different too." he says smiling with white pearly teeth.

"How's Australia?"

"Boring without you. But it's cold and rainy. Sometimes it's hot but I like the weather."(I DO NOT LIVE IN AUSTRALIA SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE WEATHER IS LIKE!!!!!)

****

"I'm grounded?!"

"Yes. For two weeks. Three if you keep up that attitude young lady." My father says. This is all because of my mother and her lying ass. Ugh. How am I supposed to train?! I liked it better when they neglected me. Life was easier than this. Do you want to know why I got grounded? Because I got a B- on my Math test. Wow. I still have my phone though. Because they are that stupid.

I get a call from my boss.

"Hello?"

"Genie. You are going to recruit someone. We need more field agents. He will be at a party tonight. I'll send you the address later."

"Okay. What's his name and how dies he look?"

"Tall. Brown eyes. Brown hair. Oh and his name is Colton."

"Okay. On it boss."

___________________

How was this chapter? sorry I took long to upload but I'm busy with homework and school just started and I have a test like on Monday so, wish me luck or something. Thanks for the reads and votes. It means so much.