Chapter eight

(A/N: So I saw Avengers: Endgame recently. I want to make a disclaimer that this is different than the time travel used there, and this isn't really canon.)

"Are you sure this will work?!" Thor called out from the hill overlooking the small village.
"Positive! Now remember, just wait for the signal. Then start swinging!" Tony called out at the top of his lungs.
On paper, the plan was simple: once Tony had gotten his suit fully functional (or at least semi-functional), he would signal Thor with a lit torch. At that moment, the God of Thunder would create a wind tunnel with his hammer, hacking into a wormhole in time and space. The two Avengers planned to use it to attempt to travel through time. If they were lucky, they would soon find their friends.
Sure, it was essentially a Hail Mary kind of plan. And if Bruce was here, he would say that they were insane. But Bruce wasn't here. And in this unique situation, they had no other option.

After all, this was their best shot. What could go wrong?

Tony was close to fixing this, he could feel it....he just needed to connect the last two cables.....

Bzzzzttt!!!

It was connected!

"Yes, it's fixed! Thank the tech gods." Tony cheered. But now that the suit was functional, there was no time to lose. Acting quickly, he lit a torch.
"Now, Thor!" Tony yelled as he got in the suit. "Ah, it's good to be back." He whispered, in reverie.

As he was becoming lost in thought, a yell broke out. "Stark! I hope you know what you're doing, I cannot hold forever!"

Turning to Thor, Tony waved. "Alright! I'm going to fly in. As soon as I'm safely through, you'll join me! If I'm right, we'll follow traces of energy from the time machine to join the others! So just hang on, Point Break!"

At that, he fired up the suit. Unfortunately, he had just 55% power left into the suit. So they had to move quickly if they wanted to all be home safe....

It felt good to be in the sky again. But Tony couldn't enjoy it, time was of the essence. Taking a deep breath, he flew into the portal, Thor at his heels.

******************

London, 1902.

With a yell, Tony and Thor fell into a pile of rotting produce. "Ugh.....someone better be here." He mumbled, getting moldy cabbage off of his helmet. But at least they were somewhere. Which seemed to be Victorian England, due to everyone looking like a character in a Charles Dickens novel.

Donning old clothes and blankets as disguises, the duo went to find their friends. At the crowded marketplace, Thor found someone trying to conceal themselves. And their bow and arrows.

It was Clint!

Alerting Tony, Thor raced towards the archer. "Clint! It's us!" He whisper-shouted, excited to see his friend again.

"Thor?" Clint asked with a confused smile. "How did you get here? Is anybody else with you?"

"Just Stark. We haven't found the others yet, but we figured out a way back."

"Alright, but we can't talk here. The police are after me. We'll go somewhere private." Clint replied as they joined Tony, running off towards some abandoned warehouses. He just hoped that they were right, and could make it home.