Chapter four

"Hey! Where is my one phone call?!"  Clint yelled to the guard from the cell. Not getting a response, he slumped onto the bench.

"Y'know, they never li'sen." His intoxicated cellmate said softly. His name was George, arrested for public intoxication and lewedness. Allegedly, he had a wife and three children, but they hadn't come to pick him up yet. And judging by how he behaved, Clint wouldn't blame them if they never did.

Spotting a rather large piece of broken glass, Clint went to work on breaking out.....but he stopped when he realized that he still needed his bow and arrows.....No, Clint thought, can't leave them behind.....I gotta think of something else, quick.

The keys were just out of his reach, but the cops had left the holding cell for lunch. "Hey, buddy." He asked George. "You don't happen to have a bobby pin or something I can use to pick the lock, would you?" George drunkly nodded, rustling through his coat pocket.

Soon, Clint was picking the lock with George's bobby pin. Once they were free, his cellmate wandered away. "Er....thanks." Clint shrugged, grabbing his bow and quiver.

Meanwhile, in 1781......

Steve stepped into a tavern, having obtained clothing and a bit of money, thanks to a kind woman who must've mistook him for a beggar. He ordered a bowl of stew, and tried to think about what to do next. There was enough money for a room, but how would he get home? More importantly, where were the others? He stirred his bowl of stew, and sighed. It tasted terrible, but it was far better than nothing at all.

After he was finished, Steve went to seek out a room for the night. Looking around the streets of Paris, he could see that The Revolution was imminent....everywhere, men, women, and even children were passing out pamphlets, waving flags, and discussing politics.....admittedly, it was exciting, and Steve was truly tempted to help them out, but he couldn't....because like Marty McFly, he'd mess up the future. Finding a rooming house, he paid for the night, and tried to sleep, thinking of his next move.

(A/N: I'm so sorry! I've been busy....but I promise to write more. Please read, like, comment, and send one shot requests!)