Chapter One: Graduation

“Eve, you coming to Graduation?” Indiana said.

“Yeah, Indie and I have been waiting for like, forever!” Kalila said.

“What's taking so long????” Eile replied. Eve took one more look at her blue dress in the mirror, grabbed her hovercraft and flew out her balcony on the 377th floor. In a city like this, the fear of heights must be eliminated. Well, all fear is eliminated! Eve thought about when school told them how back in the Olden Times, just a thousand years ago, people had fears. Such silly things Olden people did.

Today, she would be Graduating! Not just a regular Graduation, but the final one. A Person would start Schooling when they were about 5. Schooling would end when they turn 15. Eve and her friends were finally 15. She was ecstatic! No more sitting in a class for 6 hours listening to some teacher’s boring lesson! After today, she was going to be an Adult! She could chose if she wanted to live in the a big City, or the Suburbs. She wanted to party in the City like all her friends.

As Eve flew around the huge apartment buildings to pick up her other friends, Jaz, Tori, Viv, Cole, Tanner, Lynn, Lee, Clark, and of course her boyfriend Drew, she began to wonder about what was ahead. She was excited.

Eve and her friends arrived at School for the very last time, put their hoverboards in their lockers, and exchanged bits of gossip, until the schoolmaster came on and said that Graduation will start soon. Eve and her friends found seats near the front.

Eve looked around. She saw her parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, her little sister Eden (she is in year 3), and her little brother Adam (year 1) in the Families section, and saw some younger kids in the Others. Most of them were Ninth Years watching to see what was going to happen next year. She felt Drew’s hand in her’s. She looked at him and smiled. He smiled back! Just then, she heard the schoolmaster come to the stage. She quickly kissed Drew on the cheek and began to listen to the schoolmaster.

“Dear students, we are here to celebrate Final Graduation for these 178 10th years, who, after today, will become Adults!”

The whole crowd cheered and applauded. The schoolmaster then gave a long and boring speech until he said,

“Now we shall present our new new Adults! First up, Avery Acipal!”

Avery was tall, skinny, confident, and one of the smartest girls at the school. He shook her hand, and gave a quick speech about her.

“Next, Rohn Akuan!”

This went on for what seemed like forever until the schoolmaster finally said,

“Eve Khalifa!”

She got up, kissed Drew on the cheek again, and raced to the stage. The schoolmaster shook her hand, handed her her Diploma, and said,

“Eve Khalifa is brave, smart, fun, loyal, and a great person! She is always optimistic no matter what. I know Eve will have successful and relaxing Adult years!”

Everyone cheered. But despite all the noise, I could still hear Eden and Adam screaming through the crowd. After she got off the stage and the schoolmaster called the next name, she honestly stopped listening. She just couldn’t wait for the after Graduation party! She and her friends were going to a huge party. Finally after daydreaming about the party for the rest of the ceremony, the schoolmaster said his closing speech, and every left to go party. After they walked out of the school, Eve was still holding Drew’s hand.

Hello. I hope you like my story. This is my first sory on Wattpad. I am a grammer nut, so tell me if you found any mistakes.