The Orphans Chapter Six

Start from the beginning

“Um, I don’t know where she is at the moment.”

“Speak of the devil and she shall appear.” Says a very familiar voice

*Back to Courtney-Normal POV*

“Speak of the devil and she shall appear.” I say

“There she is.” Jenna says pointing to me

I can’t help but role my eyes at her antics, but that doesn’t stop me from smiling. 

“Here I am.”

“Let’s go sign the paperwork then.” Simon says

“What paperwork?” Jenna and I chorus

“The paperwork that allows me to be your legal guardian until you two turn 18, I shall be responsible and watching over you so it only makes sense to sign on it.”

I make a face at that, but Jenna agrees, so I just silently follow along. I couldn’t help but be slightly pissed off. He isn’t and never will be family, so why should he get legal claims over us. Its probably really just for the publicity.

It took an hour to go through the paperwork and then we still had to go over and sign to the record company.  I honestly feel like I’m signing my life away, but Jenna she looks like a kid who just got told they are going to Disney World.  This really is her dream, her smile is lighting up the entire room.  I can’t crush her dreams, I get I’m a downer but I’m not cruel. Right now we are in Simon’s car on the way to sign, Jenna and Simon are just talking about random things, I’m trying to not to puke up my breakfast. Which is a lot harder than it sounds when you feel like your life it about to end.

Slowly we approach a very sleek building; it has tinted glass windows and doors. It has to have been built within the past year because it almost sparkled.  It stands only one story high but it certainly feels taller and kind of makes me want to run and hide.   The big turn off though were the tens and hundreds of girls out front screaming with signs, the signs vary from ‘I love you’ to things that I will not repeat.  There are at least 15 security guards out front trying to keep the crowd in control.  A hat is shoved in front of my vision.

I turn to give Jenna a confused look but she just shoves it at me again.  I put the hat on and pull it down over my eyes.

“Ready girls?” Simon questions

“No,” I say, while Jenna says yes. I’m simply ignored, oh well.

The car doors open, I feel myself being shoved out of the van.  With Simon leading the way and Jenna on my heels we slowly make our way through to the building. 

“Holy shiz.” I whisper, once were in the building. I can barely here anything and there’s this annoying ringing noise. 

  “I know,” Jenna says slightly breathless, but very excited. She is oozing ecstatic energy, she reminds me of a kid in a candy shop.

“You’ll get used to it.” Simon tell us

“Don’t be too sure about that,” I mutter.

Once the meeting starts one of the business men inform us that the whole contest idea fell through and it would just be One Direction helping us. But for the next hour we negotiate terms, because there are a lot of things that were not willing to give in. Like, image change, name change, we won’t date anyone for publicity and we have to be a part of the creative process when it comes to writing the songs. Basically though besides all that stuff, we will be making one album and doing one joint tour with One Direction.  We would have a few singles and the tour would last for six months and by then both me and Jenna would be eighteen. 

It is a long few hours and by the end, I am exhausted.  I look over to Jenna and see her still smiling but she looks just as tired as I am.  I give her a smile to let her know that I’m ok.   We both tune back in to listen to them talk about the creative name they came up.  We are going to be called CJ; I think it’s an okay name, but it’s certainly not a very original name.

“OK girls I guess it’s time for you to meet the boys.”

“Wait!” I blurt out

“Yes?” Simon questions

I stop to think about how I want to word this.

“Well, is Harry… mad at Zayn for what happened?”

“No, all has been forgiven between the boys.”

I nod my head. 

                “Boys please come in here!!” Simon yells at the door

Then five really hot boys come stumbling through the doors, laughing their British/Irish butts off.  Jenna and I stand up to meet the boys. 

“Hello, were One Direction!”  The boys chorus together

This chapter is twice as long, im not kidding!

Go Writing!!! 

Vote, Comment, Enjoy

Courtney