Pink Or Blue Goodbyes

Khali POV

'You'll be home soon.' She said.

'Let them run a few more tests then you'll be okay to leave.' She said.

If that was the case, then why in the fuck am I still in this damn place?! I been in this muthafucka for a whole week! Like a full week! Seven days! One hundred and sixty something hours! I'm sick of sleeping on Sheetrock and drinking that nasty ass broth shit and eating on stale ass fruit! I feel like I haven't ate in days! Feel like I been in this bitch a whole two hundred and si.... oh damn. I meant three hundred and sixty five days. Just went Porsha for a minute. Her stupid ass make everybody seem smart. It's a little disturbing to me that I even know who the hell she is, but shit, gotta watch something on the tv to make time go by a little quicker.

"Khali did you hear me?" Asia asked as she came over to me and tried to grab Katelynn off my lap. Baby girl been knocked out in my arms for at least five hours. Khalid been out of it for at least three hours.

"Nope. I wasn't paying attention." I answered truthfully as I rubbed Katelynn on her back.

She rolled her eyes at me. "I'm about to go soon. Visiting hours are almost over and Leek just texted me."

Wish I could step out this bitch with her. I'm sick of this shit. I... hold up, this random question just popped up in my head.

"Aye where Tommy been at?"

He ain't came through to see a nigga or nothin.

"He and Nova got into a bad argument. In my opinion she's been overreacting about the whole thing though. It is extremely tragic what's happened to her, but she can't completely blame Tommy for it. She better be lucky the bullets only grazed her skin and she better be glad that she at least has one of the babies. He had no way of knowing what would happen."

Damn, well that's a little insensitive, but I kinda sorta see what she means. The situation could be worse is what she means I'm assuming. It really could b....

"Hold the fuck up, so Tommy wasn't with Nova when shit went down?"

Asia shook her head no.

What the fuck was that lil nigga thinking?! I went against Nova's wish and I told him and Malik both what was going on with her dad. I told them never to leave her by herself, so Tommy should have knew better than to go against what I told him. But as I'm assuming Asia meant, things could be much worse, so I guess I can't... man I don't know. I thought he would have protected his sister better than that. Then again, though, they claim everything happens for a reason.

"I'm sorry Khali." Asia said with a single tear sliding down her cheek. She was just annoyed with me for not listening to her, which happens a lot, but now she's crying? Women are so confusing.

"Sorry for what?" I asked as I motioned for her to sit beside me. She did and I put my arm around her shoulders.

"I feel so helpless and useless with everything that's been going on. I can't do anything for you three while you're going through this stuff." More tears ran down her face. "All I can do is watch you go through it."

"You make sure the kids are okay and you've been out here everyday to support Nova and I. There isn't much any of us can do but take it day by day and see what'll happen. We just have to pray and hope for the best to come." I lightly kissed her on her lips. "Try to continue to be strong, okay?"

We sat there in silence for a few minutes until Malik came in the room. He has bloodshot eyes and all of his stress just shows on his face and how he walks. Can't remember the last time I heard one of his corny ass jokes or his goofy ass laugh. Shit been so heavy that I can count on not hearing it even longer. Makes me feel so fucked up to see him this way, because I'm to blame for most of this shit. And plus I haven't been helping him out with none of the shit at the trap. Been to busy in this cold ass freezer of a hospital.