Chapter 1|The Ship

I just arrived at NASA for my departure. Once I stepped out of the taxi I grabbed my bags, all 5 of them, weighing me down, a worker greets me.

      "Hello my name is Alex and I will be escorting you to your departure ship." He seems nice, I think.

      "Hello Alex, I'm Sequora . Thank you."

      "Your welcome, if you will come right this way please." I nod. Going to a new planet because Earth is overpopulated, well isn't that just lovely. He, or Alex, takes me to a waiting area.

      "Please wait here until I have your bags loaded, then I will show you what to do." I take a seat in a chair near me. I dig for my phone in my bag. Three new messages. I unlock it,

Lana

Hey! Have a safe trip!

Don't die.

Gonna miss you!

Lana is my best friend. We've been friends since kindergarten, now I'm leaving. Forever. I start to type back.

Lana

Hey! Have a safe trip!

Don't die.

Gonna miss you!

Thanks! You try not to

die too alright?

She types back.

Lana

Hey! Have a safe trip!

Don't die.

Gonna miss you!

Thanks! You try not to

die too alright?

I'll try. Hey, maybe
I'll join you one day.
I don't know why I
would do that though.

      How do I put up with her again? I look up I turn my head from side to side and then in front of me. I see Alex coming towards me.

      "Hello Ma'am, your bags are all in place."

      "Alright thank you."

      "If you will follow me please?" I get up from my chair. But I was so comfortable. Oh well. I follow him to a massive ship."

      "This is huge." I mutter under my breath.

      "Right this way." I follow him inside. The inside is better than I expected. On the outside it's this big black ship but on the inside it is really all one-way glass, even the floor. It looks as if you are floating. It is truly breathtaking. I look below me. Goodbye overpopulated planet. I am actually glad I chose to come. The world leaders were really encouraging as many as they could to go to live on this other planet. At first I was skeptical, then I realized that I couldn't wear a gas mask for the rest of my life.

      Alex leads me to the edge of the ship. He stops at a room.

      "This is your room. Put your hand in the scanner right there, it works for your hand and your hand only." I pull my hand out of my pocket and I place my hand on the scanner. An automatic voice comes on.

      "Print recognized, proceed."

      I turn towards Alex. "Thank you Alex for your help."

      "Your welcome Miss. Your bags should be in your closet." He walks away. I guess he was nice. I walk inside. A hologram comes on. It's a lady in a business suit with a disgustingly cheerful attitude.

      "Welcome to the Desoline Sequora. This will be your home for the next four months while we travel to your new home which is 3.5 million miles away. Enjoy your stay!" She clicks off. Where did the hologram come from? Never mind about that, this place is gorgeous! The bed is so nicley made I don't want to sleep in it! I go over to the closet. All my bags are there. I start unpacking.

      I am finally finished unpacking. They said that luch is at 12:30. Boy, I'm starving, and it's only 9:00. I leave my room and wander around. I feel someone tap me on the shoulder. I turn around. it's a girl about my age.

      "Hi, sorry, I was wondering if you are an attendent, but I guess not."

      "Good observation skills." I walk away. I continue exploring and come across the gym. It is jam packed. I mean, that is a lot of people. This is what I wanted to get away from and they're bringing it with us. My stomach starts to growl very loud. To get my mind off of my growling stomach I decide to look for the swimming pool.

      I finally find it and decide to go for a quick swim. I speed walk back to my room and change to my swimsuit and a cover. I was glad the pool wasn't crowded. I rush back to the pool and suddenly there are little kids everywhere in it. Really? I give. I walk back to my room disappointed. I lay on my bed and drift asleep.

      I wake up and it's 12:28, darn it I'm going to be late for lunch. I look down and see I'm still in my swimsuit. I get up and change as quickly as I can and brush my hair and wash my face with water. I look at the time on my phone and it's 12:31. Great. I head out of my room and run to the mess hall. There is a huge line. I get in line and watch people get in line behind me.

      After what feels like hours I finally got my food. Chicken with rice, a salad, a bowl a fresh fruit, and for desert icecream. Out of all the things I could've chosen I chose icecream. Oh well. They told us that we can eat anywhere except the computer room. I'm going to eat in the gym. Why? Well it's all very simple. So I can eat while working out to see all the judging looks I get. Shouldn't that be fun.