CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR

Shade's POV: (First two lines are from the last Shade POV  for recap purposes)

I looked between him and the girl as I waited for him to spit out whatever he wanted to say. 

"She is a Mythica" he finished in a revelation that made me question everything that I learned about Asher and his loyalties.

------------------

"Wait, what?" I whispered almost inaudibly.

"I said..." Chase began.

"I know what you said, I just don't understand how" I replied in complete confusion. 

"Did Asher not tell you about me?" the girl asked in what seemed to be a fake surprised tone.

"No" I replied through gritted teeth. " none of this matters right now anyway, we need to find Aurora" I finished in a matter of urgency. 

"Well don't look at me I have no idea where anything is in this place, remember the weird injections that I mentioned earlier?  well, thanks to them i've spent most of my time here in my own mind," said Chase, shivering slightly. 

"Really? I have never heard of such a drug" I replied in a slightly softer tone. 

"You honestly don't want to, if I have learnt anything from this place it's that even the happiest of people have a dark place in their mind" he responded in a rather emotionless tone. 

The girl walked up to Chase and placed her hand on his shoulder to reassure him, he gave her a weak smile and then turned back to me. 

"Let's get out of here," he said softly as he made his way to the door. 

I started to follow him but the girl grabbed onto my arm gently, pulling me around to face her. 

"He may seem fine but he has been through a lot in here" she began in a whisper "he may have left some of the old Chase behind... so just don't push him for now" she finished thoughtfully.

"Ok, but if he is going to open up to anyone it'll be Aurora," I said, causing her to nod her head. 

"Oh, my name is Lavina" she added quickly. 

I nodded my head curtly before we followed Chase outside where he was standing frozen to his spot, I sidestepped slightly to see around him before realising that he was staring at Sebastian. 

"Who the hell is that?" he asked quickly without taking his eyes off the man before him.

"Sebastian" gasped Lavina, taking the words right out of my mouth. "I'm surprised that you're still alive" she continued, dropping her shocked tone. 

"I could say the same thing about you" replied Sebastian calmly. 

I looked at Chase who's face seemed to have gone back to a blank expression after hearing Sebastian's name. Their laughter reached my ears as I continued to look at Chase, hoping for some sort of explanation. 

"Lavina told me that she and Sebastian used to share a cell until I came along" explained Chase quickly. 

"Right," I replied "now that the reunion is over let's go" I continued, trying to speed them up. 

"Follow me, if Emrick had taken Aurora anywhere it would be to the combat room" explained Sebastian as he turned to walk to the left. 

"Combat room?" I questioned as we moved along the dingy corridor. 

"It's the largest room in the fortress and was designed to fit all sorts of beasts, including dragons" he elaborated.

"Dragons?" I questioned in surprise "how?"