We turned down a narrow corridor, out of the rushing crowd.

It was dark, the narrow corridor offering no light, and the further we went, the darker it got. I nearly tripped over the protruding metal from the floor from the hatch of the ship.

“Where are we going?” I whispered to Quinn.

“I know of another way out of here.” He said and then there was another huge explosion, shaking the metallic ship.

The floor began to tilt, making us slip across the floor. Luckily Quinn found a foot hold at the door. The ship we were in was like a naval ship with bits of metal surrounding the hatch like door.

“What’s happening?” I asked as the ship tilted even more.

“The ship is sinking. We’re going to have to prepare ourselves.” Quinn said opening a nearby hatch and settled Snow over his shoulder like she weighed less than a sack of potatoes, which wasn’t hard to believe from the treatment we had received from this hell hole.

The room was really tiny, if I stood with my arms out, I would be able to just about touch the walls on each side.

“Prepare ourselves for what?” I asked as he climbed through the door and settled Snow against the wall.

“For the shock of the frigid waters. Be careful.” He said helping me across just as the boat tilted a little bit more.

Quinn was behind me, holding me steady. We were nearly standing on the ceiling, as the ship continued to move. Items from the room, began to slid towards us, I had to dodge a freaking office chair.

“You need to hold her.”

“What? Where are you going?” I asked as he threw some clothing item that had fallen onto him onto the floor.

“The ship is sinking fast and soon we’ll be nose diving for the sea bed. The life jackets as well as the life raft are in front of this bed on the other side. I need to get them before it’s too late.” I nodded not believing how this thing was playing out. How the hell did it get this messed up?

“Samantha, look at me.” I focused on Quinn’s face, as he held onto mine.

“You can do this. You are stronger than you think.” He said then kissed me softly on the lips before he climbed up to stand on the side of the bed which was welded down to the wall and floor.

“Quinn.” I sputtered because I was still mad at him. Yeah he saved my life, but I wouldn’t have needed saving in the first place if it wasn’t for him. I still wasn’t sure why I was following him. I guess the enemy you know was better than the enemy you don’t.

I suppressed a shiver as I thought about that Alpha and the way he had looked at me.

“Samantha I’m really sorry. I-”

“Now’s not the time Quinn.” I said looking away. His betrayal hurt me more than what I’ve ever been hurt before and what hurt more was that I had seen it coming…literally and did nothing.