July 1976

The house of Black was silent, not even mouse even stirred as Narcissa stared at the window, her parents had disowned Bellatrix as she was sent to the ministry for questioning for her part in a mass murder of a Muggle children's home in Scarborough.

They couldn't prove anything; Narcissa had started wondered if she would ever escape form her sister's control as she pulled the covers tighter around her as she lay listening to the silence in the house.

There been the arrival of all the flowers late evening, as they were everywhere in the house, into the ballroom where the wedding was going to be held the next day at one pm.

She had the final dress fitting; for a change, her mother had chosen a shade of blue she liked but didn't tell her mother for fear she would change it.

Narcissa picked her wand, she wasn't allowed to do magic outside of school, Bellatrix was creeping around the house at nighttime had made her write to the magical law department to find out if she would be in trouble for using magic as self-defence and never got a reply from the head of the department.

                                               *************************************

The morning erupted in chaos as Narcissa heard the Aurors and the magical law department raiding the house, she heard her mother's voice amongst noise as she pulled back her bed sheets and went to the bathroom to run her morning bath as she poured the bubble bath Andromeda had sent her.

"Really on my niece's wedding day." Aunt Walburga's voice barked could be heard as she sank in the water as she began washing her hair as she sat in the bath as a thud at her bedroom door as she groaned out loud.

"That is my youngest bedroom and you can wait until she comes out of the room." Her mother said.

Narcissa raised an eyebrow that had to be the first time she had heard her mother saying that one outside the family.  She quickly finished in the bathroom and put her clothes on as she twisted the door open as a ministry official barraged past her.

"Please, sir." Narcissa said afraid as he moved the bed to find the lost floorboards under her bed as she began to panic.

"Cissa." Kingsley said as he shoved the bed back as he looked at her after seeing the box and letters under her bed. " Not going to say a word about those."

"Take them now, keep them safe for me and one day give them back to me." She whispered as Shacklebolt shrink the wood box and put it in his pocket. After the second wizard war  was over. she was in the manor alone as  Kingsley brought her the box for her as it been kept safe all those years.

Narcissa was made to sit on the stool in front of the mirror at her dressing table, was pulling at her blonde hair with a comb.

"Of all days to order a raid on the house." Druella spat as she glared her youngest daughter as she pinned Narcissa's hair up as she flinched as Aunt Walburga come into the master bedroom.

"Druella."

"I need to attend to Bella, you stay out of trouble and go to your bedroom  until I tell you otherwise."

"Yes; Mother," Narcissa said as she went to the bedroom as she sat on the armchair as she stared at the window. She sighed loudly as she waited for the wedding to start.

Bellatrix had the biggest fake smile as she walked down the aisle on the arm of her new husband. Aunt Walbergs was saying how wonderful that Bellatrix had found the perfect gentleman to marry.  Narcissa had to hold her tongue, she had seen the devastation her sister and brother in law had in inflicted on innocent people.

The guests enjoyed themselves as she walked through a crowd of guests and walked into Lucius.

"Narcissa." He said as she picked up a glass of champagne as she smiled at him.

"I'm not meant to talk to you." She said as he looked at her.

"The room is full of people and what does your mother think I'm going to do?" He asked her.

"Don't even think about it." Narcissa said as they talked as Bellatrix interupted them.