Asking the Chief's Son

Start from the beginning

Derek's phone rings and he was just about to go to bed. It was fucking 2AM and he has to go to work at 8.

He glances at his phone as Stiles' name flashing on his screen. He contemplates on whether to answer the goddamn phone or just let it go straight to voice mail, but alas! He gives in.

"There better be a good reason why you're calling me at this hour, Stilinski!" He growls at the mouthpiece.

DEREK!

Stiles' voice seemed alarmed and scared. Derek automatically stands up, ready to grab his jeans and leather jacket.

"What's wrong? Did something happen? Stiles!" He asks, cradling his phone on his shoulder as he changes his flannel pants into jeans.

Oh my gosh! Th-there's this guy... He's been following me since I got back from Jackson's party... P-please... Oh my god! He's by the door... What do I do, Derek? Stiles blurts out, his voice is really panicky and he swears he just heard the teen's breath go ragged.

Derek immediately grabs his keys and leather jacket, then heads out of his loft to his Camaro that was parked outside.

"Stiles, don't hang up, okay? I'm on my way." He reassures Stiles, starting the engine as he puts the phone on speaker and puts it on the cradle.

O-okay... Fuck! Derek, I'm so scared. What if he breaks in? He's still standing by the door.

"Stiles, calm down! Talk about something else. Uh... Did you finish your piece?" Derek suddenly changes the subject so that Stiles would calm down.

Okaaay... N-no, not yet. We still have until next week to finish... Stiles whispers, Please tell me that you're almost here...

"Almost... I'm about to park. I'm hanging up. I'll call you if it's safe, okay?" Derek stops in front of Stiles' apartment building, he grabs his badge and his gun from the compartment then rushes inside.

When he was about to reach Stiles' floor, he draws his gun and surveys the area. He takes a quick glance then sees a guy about Stiles' height, holding a camera and he was like waiting for something.

Then, Derek takes a deep breath and charges in, "Police! Stay where you are!" He shouts.

The guy flinches and raises his hands in surrender, "I live here!" He tells Derek.

"On the ground, now!" Derek orders him before stepping forward once more, "Hands on your head!"

He grabs the guy's wrist with his left hand then fishes out flex cuffs from his leather jacket.

"I live here! I just... I forgot the key to my apartment!" The guy tells him.

He ignores it then proceeds to call Boyd.

He finds out that the guy's name was Matt Daelher and he found pictures of Stiles in his camera. Apparently, Matt has been obsessing over Stiles since he moved to the apartment. The guy was living across the street from Stiles' building.

A couple of minutes later, two police officers came and took Matt but he kept on insisting that he lived there.

When the Matt was finally taken away, Derek calls Stiles and the door slowly opens.

Stiles was standing by the door with a sad and worried look on his face. Panic was still visible and he looked like he was about to burst into tears but he didn't.

"Hey, you okay?" Derek asks warily.

Stiles nods, he just nods and the tears came rushing down his face. But that's when Derek pushed away all of his principles and went in to comfort him.