Pink Fuzzy Bunny Slippers

' I was broken and I couldn't be fixed'.

Taylor Swift's song End game blaring at a loud volume pulled me out of my lamentable trance.

I picked up my phone and looked at the caller ID. It was Nathan.

A tiny part of me hoped it was Ethan and I couldn't help but be disgusted at it.

"Princess! How are you doing? I missed you so much" he shouted the second I picked up.

Despite the fact that I knew he wanted something from me which I gathered from his tone. I could still make out the genuineness in in voice. It gave me a bittersweet feeling.

"Hey charming, I'm good, are you drunk? Because you sure as hell don't remind me how much you miss me very often" I replied trying to stop my voice at quivering.

Nathan caught it though and he said to me, "princess are you alright? Were you crying".

"N...n..no"

"Hang on, I'm coming over"

I wanted to tell him to stay where he was but my words died in my throat as he cut the call, because in reality I wasn't. I wanted him to come so that I could have someone to cry to, to tell my problems to. Someone to reassure me and tell me I will be okay.

I would believe them, just for sometime. Even if it wasn't true.

I heard silent thuds coming from my balcony window and I went to check it out. It was Nathan.

"Rapunzel Rapunzel, let down your hair" he said loudly.

He was trying to make me laugh and it was working.

"You know, my father is home right" I deadpanned.

"Shit" he utters quickly and jumped in the bushes before he let out a string of profanities completely forgetting why he was there in the first place.

I laughed out loud, a real hearty laugh, one of my first in a long time.

"Why are you laughing? Do you want to get us killed? No offense but your father is batshit crazy"He whisper yelled from his hiding spot.

There was a time Nathan came for a dinner at ours. My dad had a one on one with him and he had been telling me my dad is batshit crazy ever since. He also refused to tell me why, apparently it was a memory he never wanted to relive.

"My Dad really isn't home, I'm surprised you even believed my lie, I honestly thought you knew me better"

"What?" He shrieked and it really wasn't the best sound to experience.

"Hold on, I'm coming to get you" I told him over my shoulder before jogging out of my room to where he was.

I smiled, he was already making feel better without knowing it.

I met up with Nathan but he was still grumbling about how the bushes had spoiled his favorite jacket.

When he saw me, he stopped and looked at me with worried eyes then rushed to give me a bone crushing hug.

I hugged him equally as tight because I've been needing hugs like that and I was going to get the most out of that one.

After what seemed like hours but was merely minutes, he pulled back and asked me if I wanted to talk about it.