Chapter two

How could he?

He knew perfectly well that I didn't like her and he didn't either. He was just doing it to spite me.
'How would you know that he doesn't like her? He never told you that' a tiny voice in me uttered.

But he could've chosen anyone but her, I thought he loved me. What hurts the most is that he knew what she did to me but he still went through with it.

Again, I felt the sudden urge to bawl my eyes out. But I didn't . Even if I would, not in front of them because I wasn't expected to care. Sadly I did.

I didn't have time to nurse my broken heart. So I did the first thing that came to mind.

I looked at him straight in the eye then I crashed my lips onto an unsuspecting Marcus. He was surprised at first, but responded eagerly seconds later. I kissed him fervently, giving him one of my most toe curling kiss.Cheers and whistles erupted around us as everyone's attention turned to us and not Ethan, that made me glad. It shouldn't have because he didn't really care.

The bell rang and we broke apart both breathing heavily from our session. I turned around to see Ethan leaving but I didn't miss the slightly surprised look he sported which made me sport a smug look of my own.

I stood up and went straight to the girls bathroom to fix up my lipstick, which I knew was a bit messed up due to the kiss I shared with Marcus.

In the bathroom, there was a sloppy hand written post-it note on a stall door which said: Kimberly Montgomery is a man eating slut.

I quickly crumpled it and threw it in the bin. I didn't have time for haters.

In a year, I usually find about ten notes. I don't like admitting it but what's written in them always hurts like a bitch. Instead of crying, I put on a fake smile and ignore it. Even if thoughts of it are always on my mind.

I got out of the toilet, heading to my first class of the day. I didn't really mind being a bit late.

Approaching the janitors closet, sounds coming from there halted me in my tracks.

I slowly made my way there and listened carefully. It sounded like a heavy make out session, I thought I'll just peep and see the people which the sounds belonged to.

I felt the anticipation building up in me. I couldn't wait to see and get new gossip about rising couples.

When I opened the door, what I saw broke me beyond repair. It felt like a dagger pierced straight through my heart.

The only little thing that kept me going, my anchor had been forcefully ripped away from my grip.

No matter how close I held it, it left me. Just like everyone else does.

At that moment, I wanted to die, I wanted to rid the world of myself, but I would never. Life is a gift that not everyone is lucky enough to be given.

So, I lifted my chin and cleared my throat as I looked at them. They quickly jumped apart, Jesse smiling sheepishly and Ethan the same before they turned their attention to me.

I didn't want to talk because my voice would crack, I did the next best thing. I slapped her hard across her face making sure she felt every bit of pain that I was feeling.

The slap probably wouldn't have been half as much pain I was experiencing but I was sure it would leave a bruise.

Ethan quickly stood up with his nostrils flared, anger seeping through him. He never got angry over any other girl I've done bad to before.

But you've never slapped anyone before.

He didn't deserve to be left alone, even if I kissed Marcus first. He was kissing the girl that bullied me throughout middle school. The worst part was he knew, but because the tables have turned, he took pity on her.

He never took pity on me but I still loved him .

He doesn't deserve my love. I punched him so hard my knuckles felt on fire, but I didn't care.

"Bitch!" He exclaimed cradling his bleeding nose. At least I broke him.

'Not as much as he did' a voice reminded me. That angered me then I kicked him hard in between his legs before I strutted away. Ethan was very strong, I was lucky to take him by surprise. If he had recovered quickly I wouldn't have been so lucky. I still wasn't going to run anyway.

I got in my car to drive home.

I wanted to scream till I lost my voice but I couldn't. Rather I drove silently and let the pain consume me.

I reached home and parked the car in front of the fountain before I gave the keys to a servant to park it.

I went up the stairs and into my room before shutting the door.

I dazedly called a servant to prepare a strawberry bath for me.

After she was done and had already left the room, I stripped off my clothes and eased my self into the bath.

I thought the smell of strawberries will help me but it didn't.

I sat in the water till my fingers pruned and the water turned cold.

I dragged my self out of the bath then wrapped my self in a light blue towel before exiting the bathroom.

I got ready and decided to sleep, I didn't care that it was noon, I didn't care about anything anymore.

I tossed and turned in bed unable to sleep with certain people on my mind.

I sat up in bed thinking, I still didn't hate Ethan even after today's events.

He doesn't love me, he never did but I still loved him so hard. It still killed me every time I thought about it, sadly it was almost always.

The one second I stopped , I thought about how stupid I was for loving him. Nevertheless, we can't help who we fall for can we?

And then it hit me so hard I could actually feel the pain in my chest from my shattered heart. Just like that every tear I've been holding in from the past years came rushing down my face like a waterfall full of grief, sadness and anger.

Grief for mother, I was never there fo her.

Sadness, that Ethan revived. I thought he would stay with me till forever more.

I thought wrong.

I was stupid to have ever thought that.

I cried like never before, with no one to hold me close and tell me it's going to be okay in the end, because it never will be.

Sometimes, the pain came in behemoth waves swallowing me and ridding me of breath till I came up choking and gasping for air.

I was broken and I couldn't be fixed.

_______________________________

Hey lovelies,

Sad chapter isn't it?

I know it's a bit short but don't worry a have a lot in store for you :-)

Do you still want to know more about Kim? Well stay tuned for the next update!

Bye :-D