Chapter Three

I should not have worried about the kid's virtue at all. Me and Three were both egging him on the whole afternoon. Saying shit like he doesn't know what he is missing. Telling him it feels better than a hundred orgasms. Which if you never tried it, it does indeed feel a lot better. Naw. Tommy wasn't believing any of the shit spewing outta our mouths. Fucking little bastard. Michael was even propositioning him. Oh yeah. 'Michael' is Three. I've known the guy for years and within the first half hour he was laying down his life story to Tommy. Fucking ass. He even told Tommy he'd let Tommy fuck him if he just snorted a line of H. Tommy was dead set against anything Michael was asking for. The little shit is stronger than I thought.  

After a couple hours of getting blitzed, listening to 'Michael' blabber on about wanting a boyfriend, Tommy turning him down each time, I had enough. There was not enough heroin to get me to sit there a moment more listening to Three blubber about his lack of love life. I stood, as well as I could, considering how much dope I shot in these last couple hours, walked over to Tommy, grabbed his hand and pulled him up and ushered him to the door, so we could exit promptly. 

Three protested but I told him we'd be back in a couple of days. Finally. A little peace and quiet. I wish I did not hear half the shit that spewed out of dear ole Michael's mouth. He even had the nerve to recite every detail of how he would go down on Tommy. I think that was my breaking point. I really don't wanna hear about that stuff. Don't get me wrong I am no homophone, I just would rather not have to listen to every tiny detail. 

We were half way to town when Tommy spoke. "You like that guy? He really doesn't know when to shut up, huh, Jax" 

"Honestly, dude, that is the first time he talked so fucking much or even mentioned his name or anything remotely personal with me around. I think he was into you." 

"Well I sure am not into him. Besides dealing drugs and doing them, he is totally old. Just totally gross." Tommy pauses for a moment and his cheeks flush just a bit and continues his thought. "Besides, I, I already like someone. A lot. A real lot." He looks down and drags his feet as we walk back. 

Hmm, I wonder who he likes. Why try to get to be friends with me if he already has someone in mind. I don't share well. Never have. When I was little and made a friend I made sure they did everything with me and not hang with anyone else. Strange, that train of thought got me thinking about my first best friend now.  

We were ten and on the first day of school I decided to trip him so I could see his face smash on the pavement. Yeah I know I'm real nice. But after I tripped him he ended up getting a hold of a kid that was on his left. Joey lunged over to him to see if he could make the other kid a cushion for his fall. Joey did a mighty fine job of landing on the littler kid. The other kid ended up with a couple of teeth knocked out, his hands skinned almost to the bone and both his knees badly bruised from Joey's fall on him. I looked at Joey, he looked at me. Then we both looked at the kid bleeding and hurt sprawled on the cement and at the same moment we burst out laughing. From that moment me and Joey were inseparable. We did every thing together. Homework, play, pick on kids. Every fucking thing. It was great. Until about three months before school let out for the summer. I remember, it was Friday and I wanted him to come over to hang in the woods and smoke cigarettes. That was our usual m.o. on Friday nights. He turned to look at me from his lunch and said he was busy. He was never fucking busy. I asked him what he was going to do. And he made up some flimsy excuse about his ma grounded him. Which I know was a total lie due to the fact his ma didn't care enough to bother feeding or clothing him properly. I brought him food. I gave him my sneakers when I noticed his had fucking holes in them. I even found an old coat to keep him warm. What a crock of shit. Anyways a few days later I found out he was with this older guy, I forget the asshole's name, but I guess he was richie rich. You know? He gave him better stuff and more stuff than I could ever get him. Years later I found out he gave also gave Joey H.I.V. He was fucking Joey when Joey was only ten. Ten fucking years old. Now I know I ain't no brand new flower and we got into a lot of shit but damn... That be like me fucking a four year old and that is... Oh crap. I feel sick just thinking about it. Since Joey let the other guy fuck him he got a shit load of stuff from the fag. And to top it off the dude wasn't even a kid. He was something like nineteen and sticking his dirty dick into a kid. I heard a couple years ago Joey died. I think that is when I decided I needed to be alone. Not after he ditched me, but after his death. Even though we did not know each other any more I felt like a piece of me died with him.