Chapter 9

"Quick! Jump in!" I cry to Jett. We just got home after we snuck out and the 'incident'. Mom and Dad have woke up and will come in any minute.

"Coming!" Jett hisses as he shuts the door and flips the poster back onto it. I lung into my bed, motioning Jett to get into his. He jumps off a ledge and gets close to the bed, but we both freeze as we hear is a knock on the door. I cringe as I hear a voice.

"Mel? Jett? You two okay in there?" Mom's muffled voice comes through the door.

"Lets check in on them." Dad reassures her.

The door opens and Mom and Dad rush inside, their eyes skimming in our room. Mom sighs in relief and Dad nods his head with reassurance and confused look.

"Jett? Why are you on the floor?" Dad questions.

"And we heard some noises, what was that about?" Mom raises an eyebrow as she asks.

"Uh..." Jett starts, but I come to my senses quickly and spew some words out.

"Well you see, Jett wanted the cookies on the table" I point at the table with cookies on it "And he didn't want to get out of bed. So he tried to reach for them, stretching his paw to it. I told him it won't work, but he didn't listen. Then there was a BOOM." I emphasize. "And he splats on the floor.

"Yeah, that's what-WAIT WHAT?!" Jett cries.

"RIGHT JETT?" I yell at him, and he pouts before turning away with a face of embarrassment and nods his head.

"Aww my baby!" Mom runs over to Jett and snuggles him, while Dad starts to cover his laughs with fake coughing.

"Well, you two still have some time so come down for breakfast soon!" Mom gets up and ushers dad away from our room.

"Woo, that was close-" I see Jett looking at me with the most adorable eyes ever.

"How could you! That is so mean! You made me sound like a pig!" he pouts. I chuckle.

"We needed some excuse they would have believed, something realistic." I say cheerfully.

"HEY!" Jett cries and I laugh before snuggling with him saying sorry over and over again and promising him to get him some cake. He brightens up.

"YAY!" he jumps up and scrambles on his bed.

"Lets hit the hay since we've been out all night!" Jett squeaks and starts to sleep right away.

I smile and head over to my bed, thinking about everything so far, and soon darkness takes over me and I drift off.

                                                          Fiona POV

"Woo, that was close" "We needed some excuse they would have believed, something realistic."  "Lets hit the hay since we've been out all night!". These words whirl around in my mind, forming a bit of a headache.

"What were they doing?" I wonder out loud.

I was passing by Mel and Jett's room, when I saw Mom and Dad heading down. I suddenly heard some yelling and go to Mel and Jett's door, overhearing their whole conversation after Mom and Dad left.

I am quite shocked. I knew they did lots of mischief all the time, but they went in the night? Alone? After we told them about how much danger they are in at all times?

"They could have at least told me" I think in my mind. Truthfully, I was a bit hurt.

"I know they are twins and that they are always going to be more close than to me, but such big things they could tell their older sister?!" My inner voice cries out.

Maybe they think that I would tell Mom and Dad. Truthfully, I would, but for this, maybe not. "I know they need freedom, but doing it without letting anyone else know is a bit dangerous. Especially in their case." I sigh in worry. I make my mind up as I head to my room.

I am going to go to the forest, and find out what they been doing.

Bonus: Jett the Pig