Chapter 4: Roses

Depuis le début

"A reflection." She said after a couple minutes.

I blinked and turned around to stare at the side of her face, with confusion written all over my face. "A reflection? What do you mean by that?"

 "A reflection of me. You see my life was shortened ten years ago from an illness. I accepted my fate that I was going to die... and so as repayment for my cooperation, the goddess has gifted me another chance at life... to be with my mate. And friends." she said softly. 

Illness? Goddess? Repayment? Mate? That went around in my thoughts as I tried my best to see the meaning of them but was brought out when she took my hand that was beside me and wrapped her hands over it. 

Is tared at our hands and looked up at her. "I know that you are confused about it... but when the time comes... you will understand and finally know." she whispered to me. 

I stared deep into her eyes and could see that she had pain inside her eyes. She let go of my hand before taking a step back. 

"Are you a ghost?" I whispered.

She smiled sadly and nodded her head. "Yes I am..." and looked at the red petals that were now piling under our feets. 

"Since your a ghost... where do you stay mostly? At your.." I said and scrunched my face up, "mate?" 

She smiled and shook her head, she lifted her left hand and placed it ontop of my beating heart. I looked down and up at her with confusion. "Wha-" 

"I am inside of you" she said and then she disappeared in a flash. 

I clutched my heart as I felt an exploding pain crashing throughout it. I fell down onto the mounting petals and caused it to fly up in the air and land down around me once again. 

'What was going on?'  I thought as the pain felt like getting bigger and bigger and then it...

stopped. 

I sat there confused while panting. Then wetness on my cheeks. I touched it and slowly realized that I was crying. 

Out of no where, more emotions  came brawling through. Sadness, pain, loneliness, and finally love. 

These were not my emotions... but it was hers. The one that I look like. I closed my eyes and made my hands into fists. 

I felt bad for her... she lost everything to illness, she did not have a happy ending with her I'm guessing boyfriend. Instead she must have passed away at an early age. 

.

.

I bolted up from my bed and was panting. I looked down to see that the collar of my shirt was kind of wet as well as my hair. I touched my cheeks and sure enough there was tears running down my face. 

What was going on? I asked myself. 

Deciding that I should get ready for this upcoming duties that I have to get done at the university. I jumped out of bed and pushed the dream away. 

After my ten minute wash, I walked out with a towel wrapped tightly around my body and sat down in front of my vanity and began to brush my wet hair until it was free from the tangles that I had caused upon myself. 

I plugged in my blue hairdryer and began to blowdry my hair until it was 90% dry. Once I was done, I decided that I did not have to stlye my hair since it was perfectly wavy. I simply applied some concealer under my eyes and some mascara.